Help! Which aft cabin on Constellation has largest verandah?

Stem to Stern

I have tried to study the photos of the aft of the Constellation on line, but I can't determine if the deck 7 aft verandahs are deeper and larger than deck 8 ones.  Also looked at what I could find in the archived threads on this topic, but hoping for some new and/or additional insight.  The last time we were on an M-class we were in an aft A1 on deck 11 and the movie playing on the deck above was a bit annoying.  Will this still be heard on deck 7 or 8?  My available choices are 7203, 7206, 7208, 8170, or 8185.  I was also considering choosing a "Sweet 16" stateroom 6030 with the extended verandah, but it would only be $240 cheaper.  I should probably stick with the aft since I love the aft.  This is a Greek islands cruise.  TIA

Edited by Stem to Stern

14 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I have tried to study the photos of the aft of the Constellation on line, but I can't determine if the deck 7 aft verandahs are deeper and larger than deck 8 ones.  Also looked at what I could find in the archived threads on this topic, but hoping for some new and/or additional insight.  The last time we were on an M-class we were in an aft A! on deck 11 and the movie playing on the deck above was a bit annoying.  Will this still be heard on deck 7 or 8?  My choices are 7203, 7206, 7208, 8170, or 8185.  I was also considering choosing a "Sweet 16" stateroom 6030 with the extended verandah, but it would only be $240 cheaper.  I should probably stick with the aft since I love the aft.  This is a Greek islands cruise.  TIA

I have been in aft Millennium FV cabins and have taken measurements.  Deck 7 aft balconies are 3 ft deeper than the Deck 8 aft balconies which are 3 ft deeper than Deck 9.

dsc_3691.thumb.jpg.b0a9d05be772d6ccdcc59061341e98dd.jpg

Edited by mahdnc

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I have been in aft Millennium FV cabins and have taken measurements.  Deck 7 aft balconies are 3 ft deeper than the Deck 8 aft balconies which are 3 ft deeper than Deck 9.

dsc_3691.thumb.jpg.b0a9d05be772d6ccdcc59061341e98dd.jpg

Wow, that is great and quite a difference on the depth of the family verandah (FV) staterooms.  I wonder if the "inner" staterooms are also three feet deeper than those above them?

32 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Wow, that is great and quite a difference on the depth of the family verandah (FV) staterooms.  I wonder if the "inner" staterooms are also three feet deeper than those above them?

Yes, they are--by the same amount.  The increase in balcony depth affects all of the aft balconies on a given deck.  It is very obvious if you are on board and can see the number and length of the divider sections that separate each aft balcony and compare them to another deck.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

If you carefully at these two photos (Deck 7 aft balcony and Deck 8 aft balcony), the difference in aft balcony depth is obvious.  AND because the divider length is the same for all aft balconies on the same deck, you can easily see that the difference in balcony depth extends to all aft cabins on the same deck.

The only flaw in doing a simple visual comparison with these two photos is that you can see that the balcony divider design is a little different between Millennium and Summit.

dsc_0007.thumb.jpg.e35f4261a80837cdafebf7f80978227a.jpg

Deck 7 aft balcony (FV 7202).  Millennium, Jun 2007

dsc_2710.thumb.jpg.3d916cc894673d4334efa693238426d6.jpg

Deck 8 aft balcony (FV 8166).  Summit, Aug 2010.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

So what's the story with FV vs whatever Sunset Suite name they've given to these cabins on Constellation?  The conversion to suites (at 3~4X the cost) was expected to be part of the Revolution that didn't happen on schedule for this ship.  Are they still selling these as FV (in spite of what the X web site now calls them), or have these already been called suites?  Like FV, the new category always shows as "Sold Out' on the web site, so now not possible to see pricing that might explain which it is.

These are some of our favorite M class cabins, and you'd be happy with any of the 3 levels of 'bathtubs', even though there is a difference in length.  They're all huge.  Back in the day, we never booked an FV guarantee for fear they would 'upgrade' us to a Sky Suite with less space both in and out!

14 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I have tried to study the photos of the aft of the Constellation on line, but I can't determine if the deck 7 aft verandahs are deeper and larger than deck 8 ones.  Also looked at what I could find in the archived threads on this topic, but hoping for some new and/or additional insight.  The last time we were on an M-class we were in an aft A1 on deck 11 and the movie playing on the deck above was a bit annoying.  Will this still be heard on deck 7 or 8?  My available choices are 7203, 7206, 7208, 8170, or 8185.  I was also considering choosing a "Sweet 16" stateroom 6030 with the extended verandah, but it would only be $240 cheaper.  I should probably stick with the aft since I love the aft.  This is a Greek islands cruise.  TIA

Did you hear the movie one deck above when your balcony door was closed or when it was open?

2 hours ago, canderson said:

So what's the story with FV vs whatever Sunset Suite name they've given to these cabins on Constellation?  The conversion to suites (at 3~4X the cost) was expected to be part of the Revolution that didn't happen on schedule for this ship.  Are they still selling these as FV (in spite of what the X web site now calls them), or have these already been called suites?  Like FV, the new category always shows as "Sold Out' on the web site, so now not possible to see pricing that might explain which it is.

These are some of our favorite M class cabins, and you'd be happy with any of the 3 levels of 'bathtubs', even though there is a difference in length.  They're all huge.  Back in the day, we never booked an FV guarantee for fear they would 'upgrade' us to a Sky Suite with less space both in and out!

For Solstice, the four FV cabins are to be upgraded to Sunset Suites when she gets her makeover which is yet to be scheduled.  In the mean time, these cabins cannot be booked as FV (tried by phone) nor Sunset Suites (on-line).  Constellation may be in a similar situation with its 12 FV cabins.

Didn't know X was trying to turn their 4 far forward S class FVs into suites as well.  Far from other suites, guess one butler will be using a FitBit!  Interesting that they can't figure out how to get those booked.

Always had to work through our TA to book M class FVs.  Except as a rare Guarantee, never possible to even get a price online most years.  Like now, just shown as Sold Out, even when they weren't.  

Edited by canderson

55 minutes ago, canderson said:

Didn't know X was trying to turn their 4 far forward S class FVs into suites as well.  Far from other suites, guess one butler will be using a FitBit!  Interesting that they can't figure out how to get those booked.

Always had to work through our TA to book M class FVs.  Except as a rare Guarantee, never possible to even get a price online most years.  Like now, just shown as Sold Out, even when they weren't.  

Because they require 5 passengers minimum (and the reservation system cannot handle 5 people and so you have to call to get it manually done), I remember that the FVs always showed Sold Out even when the weren't--except when the 5 person requirement was dropped as the sailing date drew closer.

TA was unable to sort with X which category these would be for Connie's restart.  Yes, we know well about the 5 pax. 

The web site never allowed a pax count selection of more than 4, so it was always a catch 22.  We never attempted to snag one during high season... rather, when school was in session, so the 2 of us enjoyed the extra space many times on M class.  Our TA had a wink-nod way of managing it with X that I won't detail here, but it worked out well all around.

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Did you hear the movie one deck above when your balcony door was closed or when it was open?

No, with the sliding glass door shut there was nothing heard from above.  When the sliding glass door was open the movie could most definitely be heard.  Sadly this will forever keep me from booking any of the staterooms on deck 11 on an M-class ship.  So this is why I am asking about the potential noise on the aft verandahs on decks 7 and 8.

We've been fortunate to spend 40+ days spanning four different cruises in 1140.  When the verandah doors are open we often enjoyed the music from the sunset bar.  Movie never really bothered us although one could hear it.  Of course we didn't leave the door open much on our transit of Cape Horn (too cold) or the Panama Canal (too hot/humid) although it was a great spot to watch both sides of the canal.  

22 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I have had the C1s (usually C1s anyway) on all 3 decks.  If I were choosing for a Greek island cruise, I'd opt for deck 8 for the slightly higher view.  On a TA, my preferences would be in order 7, 8, then 9.  I had some noise on deck 9, but it wasn't worth giving up the aft view on a 15 night cruise.  Since I travel solo, I'm never eligible for the FVs, so to me, the M-class aft cabins are the best cabins in the fleet.  The reason I mentioned "usually" above is that on the Oct 2022 Constellation TA, X has designated those aft cabins as SV.  The 3 handicapped cabins in the middle are still designated C1s as are all the cabins across the back on the cruises preceding and following the TA.  Someone at X made a mistake and if I weren't in a suite for that cruise, I'd have jumped on one of them in a NY minute.  BTW, the C1s on the TA, including the aft handicapped, are $2119/person; the "SVs", directly adjacent to the handicapped, are $1879 ($240/person less).  Heck, a plain-old C3 with a funky location is $80/person more.  I figure the five remaining cabins that have been there for months are still there because we're conditioned to look for them as C1s.

12 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

on the Oct 2022 Constellation TA, X has designated those aft cabins as SV.

Thank you so much for your insight.  This is is one of the things that has me really confused about this choice.  I have been following this sailing for a while and when I go to the Celebrity website and do a dummy booking and choose verandah the choices that come up include one which doesn't have a name.  It is just a black box with the price.  So I click on it and the choices are the ones I mentioned above (sometimes) or like this morning their was only one choice (7206.)  I proceed to the "confirm your choice" screen with the total price and the deposit amount on the right and on the left it says "undefined 7206."  So it seems as if some of these cabins are in limbo whether they are changing to Sunset Suites at some point, but still priced as Sunset Verandahs or who knows what.  I am not familiar with which M-class staterooms are being recategorized as Sunset Suites or when.  Is it only the corner FVs?  Anyway, I freaked out after TA put 8170 on hold and then realized from the valuable info provided above by @mahdnc(Thank you mahdnc!) that I would prefer 7208 with the deeper verandah and more centered on the back of the ship.  When I checked dummy booking again all the ones on deck 7 were gone, so I presumed at that point Celebrity had recategorized.  But now they are all back to SV pricing and she has 7208 on hold.  Price with Elevate is down $1,456 from pre-20% off sale.  Thanks again to all who are responding.

Edited by Stem to Stern

14 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

No, with the sliding glass door shut there was nothing heard from above.  When the sliding glass door was open the movie could most definitely be heard.  Sadly this will forever keep me from booking any of the staterooms on deck 11 on an M-class ship.  So this is why I am asking about the potential noise on the aft verandahs on decks 7 and 8.

Never had an issue with noise of any kind in the corners of 7 or 8.  On 9, we did get some noise when the furniture was being reshuffled above, but that's more of an issue as you get into the cabins closer to center.