Booking confirmation email

Brkintx

So recently I booked another Carnival cruise, this one on the Panorama for summer 2022.  I had to check the date so put it on a courtesy hold. I did receive an email acknowledging the courtesy hold, but that email does not contain the booking details (just a booking summary and a link to pay the deposit). 

Within the booking period, I went in and placed the deposit.  I did not receive an email confirmation with the booking details. I didn't worry about it because the booking is viewable online on my profile. (Normally I receive a confirmation email with all the booking details every time I make a payment - whether deposit or final.) 

A week later, I paid the final balance. Again, no email. The booking shows the $100/pp deposit and the corresponding $100/pp OBC for the deposit placed, the taxes and port charges, as well as the total of my payments and a zero balance (also the option to pre-pay gratuities). I paid the balance of another cruise the same day and did receive the confirmation email, so I'm thinking it's some type of glitch.

Sharing the itinerary does not provide me with the confirmation email of the booking.  Is there anywhere to get that sent / resent without calling? 

(Email is working fine, not in spam, blah blah...)

I had the same experience.  Put a cruise on hold, received an email.  Went to the site and booked the cruise - and paid in full because we are past Final Payment date - and never received an email for the booking.  It is visible on the site and I am able to purchase excursions, etc.  I get the excursion purchase emails too.  Just never got the full booking email.  Weird.

• Like 1

Carnival once told me it was because I didn't have the box checked on my profile to allow emails. I'm not sure if that really was the case or if they just used it as an excuse. Wouldn't hurt to check though. 

6 hours ago, V_V said:

Carnival once told me it was because I didn't have the box checked on my profile to allow emails. I'm not sure if that really was the case or if they just used it as an excuse. Wouldn't hurt to check though. 

Thank you, checked that - not the issue. And getting Carnival emails almost daily, including the add your spa / manage your cruise / book your excursion emails that are tied to each of the future bookings (I get multiple copies of each) as well as the book now offers…  

I think it actually has to do with converting the cruise on hold and how their system is programmed. 
When schedules and things get a bit more stable (aka when I’m not as likely to have to wait 4 hours on hold) I’ll call and ask for the email to be sent.

(My entire question was simply to find out if there is a way to request it without calling. It’s not something worth more than 5 minutes of my time at present.) 

Thanks to those who posted helpful replies!!

I had this exact same issue when booking on 8/31, although I didn't put the booking on hold, went straight to paying deposit.  No email.  Paid a little more off a few days later, still no emails.  Funny thing is I booked a different cruise using the hold feature back in late July, and got itinerary emails for both the hold and then the payment the next day, as well as multiple updates as they applied FCC from a canceled cruise.

I have yet to call to ask for it, but I guess that is a good idea to get something with all the details and not rely on logging into their site to see it.

• Like 1

Yesterday I received an email from Carnival (for this specific cruise) with a subject line of URGENT ACTION REQUIRED - COMPLETE YOUR VACCINE ATTESTATION.  The message tells me that the reservation will be cancelled if I don't comply within 48 hours.  I logged in and took care of it within an hour or so of the message's arrival.  I thought that, maybe, I would get the booking email once I "checked" this final box.  Nope.

Next up, online check-in!

• Like 1