Carnival Panorama

HP1568

I received an email from Carnival a little while ago regarding changes to my Sept. 25 sailing. Haven’t really pored over them. Update: Says port order has been changed and port times have been modified. This is for 9/18 and 9/25 sailings, according to the email.

Edited by def0715

Not sure what gives, but Carnival says the Panorama “is experiencing an issue that is affecting the ship’s maximum cruising speed.” Maybe they’re being super proactive? I hadn’t paid much attention to the order of ports or time in them but can’t imagine the changes are substantive. Glad y’all who are currently cruising haven’t had issues. I can try to post the email if anyone cares to read it.

Edited by def0715

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

The only real downside to the port order changing is that your visit to Cabo starts really early and back on board time is 1:00pm. We experienced no problems due to the announced propulsion issue. As noted above on post #2, we did seem to be moving pretty well.

Can you give me the updated itinerary and times? We are going Oct 16 but I feel like it will still have the modified itinerary so want to figure port days out

14 hours ago, pinto18 said:

Can you give me the updated itinerary and times? We are going Oct 16 but I feel like it will still have the modified itinerary so want to figure port days out

I did not keep my info, so I'm doing this from memory and may be a little off. If your schedule is reversed like ours was, then you will have 2 sea days - PV - Mazatlan - Cabo - 1 sea day.

Puerto Vallarta - arrival around 9:00am - departure 8:30pm/9:00pm. I know that we were still docked when we went to dinner at 8:15 and it was sometime after that when sailaway started.

Mazatlan - I think we arrived around 8:00am/8:30am - we had to report to excursion meeting place at 9:15 and the all clear for debark was given between that time and 9:45. Back on board time was around 4:30 or 5:00.

Cabo San Lucas arrival was around 6:30am and I believe back on board time was 1:00pm. If your schedule is reversed as ours was then this is also your 2nd elegant night.

Sometimes port order is changed to avoid overcrowding in Mazatlan and PV, which have limited docking room and if you have 2-3 huge ships in on the same day, it makes it difficult to manage ground transportation and excursions. HAL, Princess, NCL, and Celebrity will all be doing 7-nt Mexico this fall, and Carnival and Princess will also have separate ships doing the 5-day trips to Cabo. This is also hurricane season, and Panorama had to skip stops twice so far because of direct hurricane hits around Cabo.