Independent island tour or daypass to private island/Renaissance spa?

stephensfamily5

My DH and I will be arriving at Aruba on the HAL Rotterdam on Dec. 19, 2021.  I originally thought to rent a car and tour the island independently.  We will be in port from 8am-7pm.  However, researching the sites, it looks to be a lot of desert like topography, and I didn’t see any sites that made me extremely excited besides the flamingos on the beach.  When I researched the flamingos on the beach, however, I realized that they were on a private only accessible only if you purchase a daypass, or make a reservation for the hotel or spa.  We are not huge spa people, but who doesn’t like a massage?  So I am now considering reserving the spa package.  I know that we check in somewhere on the main island and then a boat takes us to the Renaissance Resort.  Has anyone done this and would be willing to share how it went?  Is the checkin place close to the port or would we need to make arrangements to get there?  I will have had knee replacement surgery just 2 months prior to this, so can’t do a lot of stairs or hiking.  

I would love to hear from anyone who has either done either an independent island tour or the daypass for the Renaissance Resort island.   We love nature, culture, and art.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, smooth_sailin said:

Maybe the best thing to do is pick up the phone and call, or drop them an email if you can find an email address. Good luck!

Funny....just did but after 23 mins on hold, we got disconnected as she was checking it out.

I'll try again when I have the time to hold again.

Re:  Renaissance Aruba

After several more phone call attempts and no definite answers I emailed them. this was their response.....

Thank you so much for your e-mail.

We do offer Island Passes however it will be depending on Hotel occupancy. In order to purchase Island Passes, please visit : https://renaissancearuba.idaypass.com/

The website is only available for Island Passes selling. Need to purchase 1 week in advance every Saturday starting after 9am in advance for the passes and is limit max 30 passes per day. We can recommend to verifying after 15 minutes for any last minutes tickets cancel and the website can come back available. When booking the tickets please review the date accordingly of visit.

Prices are per Adult $125, 

Kids from age 5 to 12 $62,50

Kid’s age 4 and under are FREE accompanied by 1 adult .

Is max 4 Island Passes per user.

All island passes 1 lunch and 1 drink from the Papagayo Restaurants

Entrance to the island

Please make sure your party is complete and boards all at the same time as the QR code only works once. The pass is only valid on the day you bought it for. Please take the boat to Renaissance Island at the dock behind the Renaissance Convention Center. Please respect our physical distancing rules by following the signs. Due to this we only allow maximum 10 guests and is mandatory mask at the time on the boats. It is not allowed to bring your own coolers, food items, beverages, radios and drones.

The island is open from 7am thru 6:45pm. Papagayo restaurant is open till 5pm and the bar till 6pm. The boats are leaving every 15 minutes to and from the private island.

Children can come to Flamingo Beach to interact with the flamingos only between 9am-10am. All kids must be supervised.

Refund and or cancellation of island passes are not granted. Final sale.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, sunlover2 said:

Re:  Renaissance Aruba

After several more phone call attempts and no definite answers I emailed them. this was their response.....

Thank you so much for your e-mail.

We do offer Island Passes however it will be depending on Hotel occupancy. In order to purchase Island Passes, please visit : https://renaissancearuba.idaypass.com/

The website is only available for Island Passes selling. Need to purchase 1 week in advance every Saturday starting after 9am in advance for the passes and is limit max 30 passes per day. We can recommend to verifying after 15 minutes for any last minutes tickets cancel and the website can come back available. When booking the tickets please review the date accordingly of visit.

Prices are per Adult $125, 

Kids from age 5 to 12 $62,50

Kid’s age 4 and under are FREE accompanied by 1 adult .

Is max 4 Island Passes per user.

All island passes 1 lunch and 1 drink from the Papagayo Restaurants

Entrance to the island

Please make sure your party is complete and boards all at the same time as the QR code only works once. The pass is only valid on the day you bought it for. Please take the boat to Renaissance Island at the dock behind the Renaissance Convention Center. Please respect our physical distancing rules by following the signs. Due to this we only allow maximum 10 guests and is mandatory mask at the time on the boats. It is not allowed to bring your own coolers, food items, beverages, radios and drones.

The island is open from 7am thru 6:45pm. Papagayo restaurant is open till 5pm and the bar till 6pm. The boats are leaving every 15 minutes to and from the private island.

Children can come to Flamingo Beach to interact with the flamingos only between 9am-10am. All kids must be supervised.

Refund and or cancellation of island passes are not granted. Final sale.

This was super helpful. By the time I decided not to cancel my Feb cruise all the limited good excursions had been booked in Aruba. This I’ll try for this option. Looks like there plenty of availability for the week that’s open now. 

• Like 1

Having to reserve the day in advance and $125 pp, if space is available, isn't worth the effort or money.  Plenty of other places to go.  For any first timer to Aruba via cruise ship, an island tour will give you a good lay of the land and chance to spot what to do or where to go on your next visit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...