Anchorage to Seward

Medic411

We (4) have 2 full days in Anchorage (Arrive Sunday, embark in Whittier Wed eve). I am thinking 1 full day in Anchorage proper with another 1/2 day on the day of sailing. 2nd day with rental car drive to Seward and back, taking in sights and Nat'k Park. Is this doable? Hints and helps? Thanks.

Are you talking about driving to and from Seward in one day and sightseeing? The drive without stopping is probably about 4-6 hours round trip, if you don't get hung up anywhere with detours or road construction or other unexpected delays. I can't see that all in one day. We took a cruise tour of Kenai Fjords from Seward and it took the entire day.

Seward isn't a day trip. So I suggest you might want to consider a ONE way Anchorage Whittier rental car- Avis or Harley's http://www.harleysrentalaska.com/

Forget about being shocked about the price- it makes the best use of your time. Head to Seward, get a Kenai fjords boat tour with at least 6 hours on the water. overnight, sightsee Exit Glacier, Seavey's sled dogs, Sealife Center etc in am. Head directly to Whittier, then on to your ship. Look at the the 5-6pm tunnel opening.

Make the most of your short time, this suggest is the best in that aspect.

• 3 months later...

Archived