Live from World Navigator Athens to Rome 9/18/21

jwsfun

Have been hearing from some of those aboard.  They are now at sea for 8 days to cross to the Caribbean.  Using wifi sparingly.  Food and wine seem to have improved.  Heard there have been some significant staffing and supplier changes.  Wine I heard was "French and decent".

As to picking up wine if in a bubble - what about airport duty free?  Would that work?  Be thankful your cruise will be short so many issues are easier to blow off if necessary.  Just live and learn.   Perhaps make different decisions in the future.

Keeping people in a "bubble" is not totally unheard of in this environment.  Sounds like that may also happen the last day or two on the current cruise.  The advertised big hoopla plans for a 2-day Inaugural celebration ending in Barbados were scrapped and now the ship may spend 2 days anchored off St. Maarten.  Last day may be a bubble -  breakfast on ship, bus ride around island (37 square miles of beach and nice resorts , well those that have been repaired since the last hurricane not too long ago.  then dropped at airport to wait for 3:40 pm. flight home.  Everything is relative.     

• Like 1

Andiamo76,

Thank you for relaying the latest update on the Atlas Ocean Voyages experience, given the limited bandwidth available for the current onboard passengers. Sounds like things are improving a little bit, which gives me some hope as I just made final payment for my Antarctica cruise with AOV.  Based on your post, it sounded like you weren't able to join the transatlantic cruise?