Nieuw Amsterdam - magnetic walls?

Tracey/Thom

Apologies, but I can't find the answer to this question in my searches. We've always used magnets to hold our program, notes, lanyard, tshirts to the walls of our cruise ships. At Christmas we decorate our door with Christmas magnets. Does anyone know if the Nieuw Amsterdam, aft verandah, can take magnets?

1 hour ago, Tracey/Thom said:

Apologies, but I can't find the answer to this question in my searches. We've always used magnets to hold our program, notes, lanyard, tshirts to the walls of our cruise ships. At Christmas we decorate our door with Christmas magnets. Does anyone know if the Nieuw Amsterdam, aft verandah, can take magnets?

probably  but i would bring some command strip clips as a backup.    HERE these have clips.   More HERE

image.thumb.png.eb4d1e44cf270bb5d9ea5fdb0b12b133.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

Just got off the NA last week (really great to be back on the cruise ship) - I was in a Veranda on deck 6 near the rear set of elevators.

The set of Neodymium Magnets worked great - I have a 8 piece set with two types of hooks, Some better for walls, some better for ceilings. I have a 4 piece set just for papers and the like.

Really helps to keep the very valuable (and minimal) desk area less cluttered to be able to find things..

Really do need the Neodymium type as the walls are coated and as stated above, regular iron magnets just barely hang on themselves.

Before COVID hit,  I did have one cruise (It MAY have been on RCL) that did not have metal walls (It was a Junior Suite as I recall). Only place that had good sticking power was the door frame. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 5:47 PM, RGEDad said:

Just got off the NA last week (really great to be back on the cruise ship) - I was in a Veranda on deck 6 near the rear set of elevators.

The set of Neodymium Magnets worked great - I have a 8 piece set with two types of hooks, Some better for walls, some better for ceilings. I have a 4 piece set just for papers and the like.

Really helps to keep the very valuable (and minimal) desk area less cluttered to be able to find things..

Really do need the Neodymium type as the walls are coated and as stated above, regular iron magnets just barely hang on themselves.

Before COVID hit,  I did have one cruise (It MAY have been on RCL) that did not have metal walls (It was a Junior Suite as I recall). Only place that had good sticking power was the door frame. 

Just what I needed to know, thanks!