Healthy At Sea…… Abbott IDNow acceptable?

luv2ndhalf

I’ve been checking daily on the Celebrity Healthy At Sea page, and I see where they talk about the Abbott tests- I have not seen the Abbott ID Now mentioned.  I have bought the test at home kits from Celebrity, but I’d also like to have a back up plan in case I have any issues with the test (like I mess something up )….

Has anyone boarded with the ID Now test results? Any issues? 

ID Now is a quick PCR (NAAT) test, and while earlier not included in Celebrity's language of acceptable tests, that changed quite a while back, and it's acceptable now.  Often available at Walgreens here.

The only Abbott test that is not accepted is the BinaxNow self-test that is not proctored by someone authorized to monitor the test and issue the result.

A search of ID Now here should net you a bunch of data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

ID Now is a quick PCR (NAAT) test, and while earlier not included in Celebrity's language of acceptable tests, that changed quite a while back, and it's acceptable now.  Often available at Walgreens here.

The only Abbott test that is not accepted is the BinaxNow self-test that is not proctored by someone authorized to monitor the test and issue the result.

A search of ID Now here should net you a bunch of data.

Thank you!! I have used the ID Now for other travel… just was concerned that it wasn’t listed and technically it is self administered while sitting in your car- but the pharmacy employee is at the window