ferry service from harvest caye

Traderbill

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a Placencia Village Ferry on FB with contact link.

Back in 2020 when NCL ships were in the departure schedule from HC was 9AM/10 AM/ 11AM and Noon with return at 10:30AM/11:30AM/1PM/2PM and 3PM. Request to be back at municipal pier 15 minutes in advance.

We are just back from an NCL Dawn cruise and went to Placencia last week. We took the 9 AM ferry. I see the post above describing the 2020 schedule. Based on what we experienced, that schedule is different. We paid $29 to NCL for this ferry ride. It is listed on their excursion brochure. We booked once onboard.

Trying to get clear information on the actual schedule is not easy. The staff at the pier where the ferry departs told us there is a 9 AM and 11 AM going and return at 11:45 and 3 PM. She said there might be a 1:30 return but the ferry staff said no, there would not be that 1:30 ferry. I had the impression the ferry staff make their own rules.

You can rent a golf cart for $50 or walk. We opted to walk. We had a great restaurant recommended "Detach". It is on the beach with low-cost excellent food. We returned on the 11:45 ferry as that was enough. I am sure we missed a lot, but $50 for a cart for 2-3 hours seemed steep. 

I was totally impressed with Harvest Caye. It is beautiful; well planned and there is much to do.

If I went again, I am not sure I would venture back to Placencia. I am sure others have more information, but this thread is slow to say the least.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Loucat said:

We are just back from an NCL Dawn cruise and went to Placencia last week. We took the 9 AM ferry. I see the post above describing the 2020 schedule. Based on what we experienced, that schedule is different. We paid $29 to NCL for this ferry ride. It is listed on their excursion brochure. We booked once onboard.

Trying to get clear information on the actual schedule is not easy. The staff at the pier where the ferry departs told us there is a 9 AM and 11 AM going and return at 11:45 and 3 PM. She said there might be a 1:30 return but the ferry staff said no, there would not be that 1:30 ferry. I had the impression the ferry staff make their own rules.

You can rent a golf cart for $50 or walk. We opted to walk. We had a great restaurant recommended "Detach". It is on the beach with low-cost excellent food. We returned on the 11:45 ferry as that was enough. I am sure we missed a lot, but $50 for a cart for 2-3 hours seemed steep. 

I was totally impressed with Harvest Caye. It is beautiful; well planned and there is much to do.

If I went again, I am not sure I would venture back to Placencia. I am sure others have more information, but this thread is slow to say the least.

Thanks so much! It's really great to have some updated information on how the ferry is running. Granted, I won't be there until March, but at least I know the ferry is still running.