Celebrity credit card OBC

lhsail

Have a shiny new Celebrity credit card and have accumulated a little OBC. Trying to decide whether to use it or save it for later. Is it considered non-refundable or refundable?  Is it available for use prior to sailing or only once onboard?  Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Have a shiny new Celebrity credit card and have accumulated a little OBC. Trying to decide whether to use it or save it for later. Is it considered non-refundable or refundable?  Is it available for use prior to sailing or only once onboard?  Thank you. 

I have the card also and will use my accumulated funds to pay down the balance of my upcoming Equinox cruise rather than OBC.  That's a good option for me since gratuities, WiFi and bev package are included.  No need for a lot of OBC.  

17 minutes ago, 39august said:

If you use the points for OBC, that is refundable. I used to do that a lot, making the card like a cash back card. Points can be used to pay down your balance or for gifts or services prior to your cruise.

Thank you for the information. Was considering using some to upgrade the drink package. Also have a small amount available from our TA, sounds like they would be treated similarly, other than access to the credit card OBC in advance. 

7 hours ago, lhsail said:

U use the OBC as refundable and get the cash back.  I charge everything on board to the card to get more points for the future