Past guest offer. How to ensure two extra points are applied to my reservation?

lixogab

12 hours ago, lixogab said:

Here it goes. Now, the email had  “June 2021” on the top left corner, but it’s not part of the image!

The email has this link. Hope it works

http://x.email.ncl.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=0dbd702c0ebdde62e77ab9b0fc0c0013f7af3c6364d13a236374d5abcb747d8f&type=family&type=notcn&type=notfcc&cheetahid=5000007741636&mi_u=5000007741636&cid=EM_MKL_LTM_PGU_EML_web_EML_LATOFF_LAT060521

4435C86F-C4A6-4441-8736-F1018E73DE33.jpeg

I don't delete e-mails. I have e-mails going back to 2006 on my computer! So after they said the sailing wasn't included I responded back to them with this exact e-mail. Pretty clearly Alaska sailings are advertised right? Well that was on September 29th and guess what? They stopped communicating at that point and I haven't heard anything else back. 

After the experience we had on the cruise my wife NEVER wants to book NCL again and she has said this just makes her feelings even stronger. I already cancelled our December sailing with NCL and it actually worked out for us. We got a sailing on Anthem of the Seas for about 1/3 the cost of the NCL cruise for almost the exact same dates. I guess the actions of NCL were a blessing in disguise.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

I don't delete e-mails. I have e-mails going back to 2006 on my computer! So after they said the sailing wasn't included I responded back to them with this exact e-mail. Pretty clearly Alaska sailings are advertised right? Well that was on September 29th and guess what? They stopped communicating at that point and I haven't heard anything else back. 

After the experience we had on the cruise my wife NEVER wants to book NCL again and she has said this just makes her feelings even stronger. I already cancelled our December sailing with NCL and it actually worked out for us. We got a sailing on Anthem of the Seas for about 1/3 the cost of the NCL cruise for almost the exact same dates. I guess the actions of NCL were a blessing in disguise.

I'm glad it worked out for you & I understand your feelings.  I'm going to have another go at them today and, although I don't expect much, we'll see how it goes.  Have a wonderful cruise!

11 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I thought we were talking about the two additional points promo.

We were, but I'll take one additional point if I can't get two.  I sent Latitude Support an email this morning with the link to that insider offer & we'll see what they have to say.

20 hours ago, lixogab said:

Here it goes. Now, the email had  “June 2021” on the top left corner, but it’s not part of the image!

The email has this link. Hope it works

http://x.email.ncl.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=0dbd702c0ebdde62e77ab9b0fc0c0013f7af3c6364d13a236374d5abcb747d8f&type=family&type=notcn&type=notfcc&cheetahid=5000007741636&mi_u=5000007741636&cid=EM_MKL_LTM_PGU_EML_web_EML_LATOFF_LAT060521

4435C86F-C4A6-4441-8736-F1018E73DE33.jpeg

I sent Latitude Support this link this morning asking if we were at least eligible for double points and I already received their answer: "We received your email and would be happy to assist. The promotion offering double points is the "Latitudes Insider Offer" (code: LATITUDE). That promotion is for select sailings but in the case of the one available when your booking was made, was not be available for the Encore until its 11/21/2021 sailing. Reviewing all the select sailings, the only ship that was included that also did Alaska at the time of your sailing was the Norwegian Bliss.  If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again." 

Pretty much what I expected and a little confusing as I don't believe the Bliss was sailing in Alaska this past summer.  I guess I'll just have to accept defeat at this point but, sadly, NCL has lost our loyalty.

Edited by NikiPinkston

1 hour ago, NikiPinkston said:

I sent Latitude Support this link this morning asking if we were at least eligible for double points and I already received their answer: "We received your email and would be happy to assist. The promotion offering double points is the "Latitudes Insider Offer" (code: LATITUDE). That promotion is for select sailings but in the case of the one available when your booking was made, was not be available for the Encore until its 11/21/2021 sailing. Reviewing all the select sailings, the only ship that was included that also did Alaska at the time of your sailing was the Norwegian Bliss.  If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again." 

Pretty much what I expected and a little confusing as I don't believe the Bliss was sailing in Alaska this past summer.  I guess I'll just have to accept defeat at this point but, sadly, NCL has lost our loyalty.

The Encore sailings were the Bliss sailings. The Encore was substituted for the Bliss and those who booked the Bliss ended up sailing on the Encore. On 06/07/2021 they announced the change officially:

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-additional-voyages-restarting-from-the-us/

After 06/07/2021, you could not book the Bliss for Alaska. 

Edited by zerooveride
addition
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

The Encore sailings were the Bliss sailings. The Encore was substituted for the Bliss and those who booked the Bliss ended up sailing on the Encore. On 06/07/2021 they announced the change officially:

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-additional-voyages-restarting-from-the-us/

It sounds like they're confused, as well!  I feel like they should give us something just for being persistent, 😊 but I'm tired of hassling with them at this point.  Right now we're on the Bliss in December with triple points and on the POA in 2023 (which we'll probably be changing), but we may be looking at other cruise lines for future cruises.   Changing cruise lines worked out for you so, hopefully, it will for us, too.  Thank you for commiserating with me and to the other wonderful CC members who gave your support.  Even though I lost this one, it feels good to have such great friends on Cruise Critic and to know that we have one another's back!

Edited by NikiPinkston
  • Like 1