britannia repositioning cruise

joe grumble

1 hour ago, PCM123 said:

We’re booked on this cruise and still in the same situation as yourself. It’s our first cruise and don’t really know what we need to do regarding parking, bus transfer, hotel before leaving Manchester and timing for everything.

If you post some of your queries, you will always find a knowledgable poster on here that will be able to give you some reliable advice.

Welcome to CC.

Avril

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

If you post some of your queries, you will always find a knowledgable poster on here that will be able to give you some reliable advice.

Welcome to CC.

Avril

Thank you Adawn47. We’re wondering where we meet for bus transfer at Manchester airport, what time do we need to be there for the bus. Hotel and parking for the night before. What time will we arrive home from Barbados. Is it best to book excursions before we go, can we take on some alcohol 🍷 or gin. Do we need cash for when we do the excursions and what currency will we need. I’ll have more questions but I’ll hopefully get some answers for these first. Thanks 

On 9/24/2021 at 7:33 PM, crimson moon said:

We are booked on Arvia's maiden transatlantic in January 2023. We sail from Southampton and fly back into Birmingham. We are booked on a pre cruise coach transfer from Birmingham to Southampton. 

We’re booked on this one too. We’re hoping we like Britannia next month. We’ve got flights back to Manchester so hopefully we’ll have an idea what to do after this cruise next month.

24 minutes ago, PCM123 said:

Thank you Adawn47. We’re wondering where we meet for bus transfer at Manchester airport, what time do we need to be there for the bus. Hotel and parking for the night before. What time will we arrive home from Barbados. Is it best to book excursions before we go, can we take on some alcohol 🍷 or gin. Do we need cash for when we do the excursions and what currency will we need. I’ll have more questions but I’ll hopefully get some answers for these first. Thanks 

To answer some of your questions.

Coach's will leave early morning, say around 8am. There will be more than one coach - maybe10 or 12. Although the coach is free, you need to book it so they know how many people to cater for. You should get details on exact timing from whoever you booked with. The return fight is overnight and will land around 5am. This time can vary depending strength of wind.

No need to take alcohol with you. There are plenty places to buy out there, usually cheaper, especially the local rum.

You do not need cash to book excursions on board. The cost is just put on your account.

At most ports you will find lots of local taxis or minibuses that will take you wherever you want to go. US dollars are widely accepted in the Caribbean which you will need for any shore purchases. You can purchase US dollars from the ships reception although the exchange rate is not particularly good. The purchase cost just goes on your account.

Brian

1 hour ago, BrianI said:

To answer some of your questions.

Coach's will leave early morning, say around 8am. There will be more than one coach - maybe10 or 12. Although the coach is free, you need to book it so they know how many people to cater for. You should get details on exact timing from whoever you booked with. The return fight is overnight and will land around 5am. This time can vary depending strength of wind.

No need to take alcohol with you. There are plenty places to buy out there, usually cheaper, especially the local rum.

You do not need cash to book excursions on board. The cost is just put on your account.

At most ports you will find lots of local taxis or minibuses that will take you wherever you want to go. US dollars are widely accepted in the Caribbean which you will need for any shore purchases. You can purchase US dollars from the ships reception although the exchange rate is not particularly good. The purchase cost just goes on your account.

Brian

Thank you Brian, I had a look on arrivals to Manchester on 6th November and it lands around 7.30am. Will we be able to do our own excursions due to COVID, we think we’ve read somewhere that your only allowed to do the organised excursions? We’ve also just read that a PCR test is required to enter Barbados no sooner than 72 hrs before arrival, will this be done on the ship at a cost to P&O or our own cost? 
Thanks in Advance to all how assisting with our questions 👍

We are cruise virgins on this Britannia re-po in October and we have a couple of questions - apologies if they're old ones but you know what newbies are like ... !

1. We have friends in Ireland who would like to travel with us but in the small print of the adverts it says this cruise is for UK residents only.Any particular reason why and could they not just use our UK address ?

2. Travel insurance. The P&O website mentions " cruise-specific " insurance. Their own recommended partners holidayextras.co.uk seem to be very expensive (£450) for a one-off cruise. Other insurance sellers such as Staysure and Coverwise say their policies cover cruises including the important emergency medical evacuation and their quotes are significantly cheaper. Any advice ?

3. Also, my wife and I dislike formal dining occasions - I don't even own a suit - so are there sufficient dining options for smart casual that fall into the all-inclusive price and don't require additional payment apart from the buffet ?

4. Are PCR tests required for the Caribbean ? Certainly Barbados seems to require them 72-hours before entry so presumably these would have to be done on board before disembarkation for the return flight ?

Many thanks in advance.

My understanding from reading different threads and checking with P &O yesterday after a 50 minute wait, is that if your travelling back from BARBADOS and then onto airport you can buy £25 pp and do the PCR on board 3 or 2 day before you get there plus fill out the PLF for returning to 🇬🇧 Uk. 

I trust that they will do all they can to sort out any issues of PCR etc before we travel as it is paramount to the safety of customers and to the companies  reputation.

My only worry is if BARBADOS goes red what will happen to the return flight? as that will pose a hotel stay on return to UK at a colossal cost.

Or will we go to a different port and fly from there if it is not Red.

All of the above I'm referring to is for the 22nd Oct 21 transatlantic cruise to Caribbean.

Anyone have any  thoughts?

6 hours ago, PCM123 said:

Had the update we wanted. Bus leaves the bus terminal at Manchester Airport which is in between terminal 1&2 at 8am on Friday 22nd October. Thanks to everyone for your help 

Was this on your cruise personaliser or were you told by P&O by calling them as we still have not got any info regarding a coach pick up point or time for Gatwick.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, Baggy178 said:

We are cruise virgins on this Britannia re-po in October and we have a couple of questions - apologies if they're old ones but you know what newbies are like ... !

1. We have friends in Ireland who would like to travel with us but in the small print of the adverts it says this cruise is for UK residents only.Any particular reason why and could they not just use our UK address ?

2. Travel insurance. The P&O website mentions " cruise-specific " insurance. Their own recommended partners holidayextras.co.uk seem to be very expensive (£450) for a one-off cruise. Other insurance sellers such as Staysure and Coverwise say their policies cover cruises including the important emergency medical evacuation and their quotes are significantly cheaper. Any advice ?

3. Also, my wife and I dislike formal dining occasions - I don't even own a suit - so are there sufficient dining options for smart casual that fall into the all-inclusive price and don't require additional payment apart from the buffet ?

4. Are PCR tests required for the Caribbean ? Certainly Barbados seems to require them 72-hours before entry so presumably these would have to be done on board before disembarkation for the return flight ?

Many thanks in advance.

3 there are plenty of options just not the mdr on celebration nights.

4 as far as I know there will be a test on board a few days before we arrive at Barbados for £25

2 we used are bank insurance (Halifax) but we booked our cruise before the pandemic 

Edited by Bazrat