Dania Hotels?

sunsetme

I've cruised many times from FLL staying on 17th st but Dania looks interesting. There is an upscale outdoor "mall" with nice eateries and several hotels with airport shuttles (Springhill, Hyatt, HGI and Marriott). Anyone tried staying in this area?

I don't know exactly where you are talking about with the new mall, but I can tell you Dania is a fine option.  It is the next "town" south when you leave the port.  Of course, since cruising has stopped, I haven't been there in almost 2 years,  but I do recall lots of construction going on.  

An acquaintance owns a small motel on US 1 in Dania and always  lets me park there when I cruise. Rather than take his shuttle and take advantage of the hospitality, I take Uber to the port. It's about 10 - 15 minutes and I've paid from $8 to $18 or so, depending on time and traffic. 

Pre Covid, the place was always packed with cruisers on the weekends. 

If you found some nice new build places that include transportation, I say give it a try.

The 17th street / I 95  clusters have been go to lodging for cruisers for years, those places are probably getting tired by now anyway. 

Mimi, unfortunately, Holiday, January, February, and March prices are going to be high everywhere, from Palm Beach County down to Miami. It's peak tourist season. 

23 hours ago, sunsetme said:

I've cruised many times from FLL staying on 17th st but Dania looks interesting. There is an upscale outdoor "mall" with nice eateries and several hotels with airport shuttles (Springhill, Hyatt, HGI and Marriott). Anyone tried staying in this area?

That is the area where we always stay when sailing from FLL. We have the Choice Privileges credit card, so we always stay at the Comfort Suites or Cambria on SW 19th Ct in Dania Beach.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:46 PM, sunsetme said:

Do you mean Dania Point?

I stayed last month at the Hyatt Place in Dania, it shares a shuttle with the Hyatt House. The location to Dania place was great, walkable to restaurants and stores (I ate at the Italian restaurant in the parking lot). Hyatt House is having construction done, not sure how that affects the hotel, Hyatt Place was fine, the breakfast was a grab and go and is included. The rooms were a little tired but fine for a nights stay. The bar/restaurant in HP is closed but you can walk across to HH. I found the restaurants close by to be a great option, and if you have forgotten anything lots of options to shop.

2 hours ago, IamAlyce said:

I stayed last month at the Hyatt Place in Dania, it shares a shuttle with the Hyatt House. The location to Dania place was great, walkable to restaurants and stores (I ate at the Italian restaurant in the parking lot). Hyatt House is having construction done, not sure how that affects the hotel, Hyatt Place was fine, the breakfast was a grab and go and is included. The rooms were a little tired but fine for a nights stay. The bar/restaurant in HP is closed but you can walk across to HH. I found the restaurants close by to be a great option, and if you have forgotten anything lots of options to shop.

Thanks for this information, as I booked this hotel for a 1-night stay prior to cruise for next March.  Didn't really know anything about it, so this puts my mind at ease.  We will be flying in to FLL and wanted to take advantage of airport shuttle as well.  Glad to hear there is a cruise port shuttle as well.  What is the current cost of that?  Thanks!

6 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks for this information, as I booked this hotel for a 1-night stay prior to cruise for next March.  Didn't really know anything about it, so this puts my mind at ease.  We will be flying in to FLL and wanted to take advantage of airport shuttle as well.  Glad to hear there is a cruise port shuttle as well.  What is the current cost of that?  Thanks!

It was a package that was bookable, but I think you could just pay for it also $7?

elaine 

We are staying at Wyndham Garden Inn in Dania.  Points too cheap to pass up, the going rate for April 1 is over $200 per night with cash option.  For those of you who will need a dinner option I have read many good reviews about the Fish Grill.

Edited by awhcruiser