Drinking water on CB

Riba

I have heard that the water from the faucet is highly salted????? My husband has to watch his salt intake, and this would not be good. Does anyone know if this is true??? I would buy the bottled water that is supplied, but we would need about 2 bottles a day if not more. Thanks for any info.

I have heard that the water from the faucet is highly salted????? My husband has to watch his salt intake, and this would not be good. Does anyone know if this is true??? I would buy the bottled water that is supplied, but we would need about 2 bottles a day if not more. Thanks for any info.

I Drink the ship's water,I have never noticed water salty.

I drink water all the time...........

You can bring bottle water with you.........

HAVE A GOOD CRUISE.............

BARBARA

Riba,

Ships use sea water that they take the salt out of. However, this water usually has more salt than regular tap water. Also be aware that this water is used for the coffee, tea, lemonade, ice cubes, etc.

So if your husband is on a strict salt restricted diet, you should bring along (or buy in ports) the large bottles of drinking water for him. This should help offset some of the other salt intake. And as someone else suggested, do tell your waiter on the first night that you husband is on a low salt diet.

On my first cruise, I got so bloated I had to buy new jeans to wear home and my feet looked like balloons!:o Then I heard that the water goes through a desalinization process and not all the salt is removed. Next cruise we took a rolling cooler with bottled water and asked our steward to keep it filled with ice. I didn't have any problem at all with swelling or bloating. You can't taste the salt in the water, but it's there.

Heh you are on a cruise, drink plenty of local cocktails, beers , wine and forget the water and Enjoy yourself,

The beer and wine might be okay (except the OP's hubby probably has to watch alcohol intake also):rolleyes: but watch the cocktails, because the soda and ice are both made with the ship's water.

All I know is I swelled up like a balloon and was told all the salt is not taken out during the desalinization process. I didn't drink the ship's water on my last cruise and didn't have any problem. Considering that the gentleman in question has a medical issue, I would say it would pay to be cautious.:rolleyes:

Archived