UK embarkation testing requirements?

FiggyWig

Hi

I have tried phoning (unsucessfully), searched and read everywhere but still uncertain on the Testing requirements. My partner and i are both double vaccinated and i understand we will be tested when embarking on Regal at Southampton to Rotterdam and back. But what kind of test is this - the full PCR or just antigens/lateral flow?  The reason i ask is that my partner unfortunately had Covid with PCR positive earlier this month. Only lasted a couple of days and now fully recovered with lateral flow tests showing negative. But the covid guidelines say not to PCR test for 90 days. So if it's PCR at Southampton then we could have a problem. Similarly at disembarkation when we return - is there compulsory PCR testing then.

If anyone can help me more than Princess then i would be grateful. 

X

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Here is the link. Looks like mask wearing rules have been relaxed as well.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

Hi thanks for the link - I’ve just checked about masks and it doesn’t look like anything has changed from our last staycation - mask whenever walking around the ship (except out on deck) and also in theatre (only moving to have a sip)  have I missed something in the latest faq -  it’s a nuisance wearing in the theatre but everyone seemed to be wearing.

also still confused about forms - do we or don’t we have to complete a form  (Spanish health form) if getting off ship in Spain  - my sister had to do one when driving into Spain this week.

Gill 

1 hour ago, beryl patricia said:

Hi thanks for the link - I’ve just checked about masks and it doesn’t look like anything has changed from our last staycation - mask whenever walking around the ship (except out on deck) and also in theatre (only moving to have a sip)  have I missed something in the latest faq -  it’s a nuisance wearing in the theatre but everyone seemed to be wearing.

The new rules do  not  say that you need to wear a mask when walking around on European cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 5:17 PM, beryl patricia said:

also still confused about forms - do we or don’t we have to complete a form  (Spanish health form) if getting off ship in Spain  - my sister had to do one when driving into Spain this week.

I too, am looking for info regarding what is required for a Spain port. (Also Azores)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I too, am looking for info regarding what is required for a Spain port. (Also Azores)

I would be surprised if you stop in the Azores,  given that you will require a negative PCR test result before being allowed ashore.