IMAX on Vista

nlktx49

I'll be on the Vista next month, thought about trying something new, the IMAX. Where is it located? How much does it cost? Where do I find what's showing? Is it an enjoyable experience? Does it have a concession stand? Went to an IMAX many years ago.

I am only responding because no one else has yet and it may bump your thread up. My answers could be totally off as I didn't really pay that much attention. We were on the Vista earlier this month and saw the IMAX theatre while checking out the ship. Not sure but I think it was on deck 6 (check the deck plans). There was a concession stand. It seems like I recall the cost was around $12 pp. It was more than we were willing to pay. I believe the movies were listed in the area. 

• Like 1

I can tell you about Horizon's.....supposed to be the same?

It was $20 for two of us.

There is concession, candy and soda/beer/wine, but NO POPCORN

The movies show up in hub app of what's playing that day. Never found out how to see what's playing days in advance. 

We were on 9/4 and it was basically a rotation of two comedies and two nature IMAX...one sea, one land (no idea of names)

Comedies were Free Guy (Funny) and River Cruise (no thanks, didn't see)

4 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Thanks for the replies. $12 a person? Wow. I may have to re-think this idea, especially if it's just nature shows. 

EngIceDave said, " Comedies were Free Guy and River Cruise." I assume he meant the Rock in Jungle Cruise. The only IMAX movie I ever saw was The Rolling Stones in, "At The Max." A concert film of the Stones 1989 Steel Wheels tour. IMAX was pretty new at the time and it was filmed specifically for the IMAX screen.

I can tell you about the one on the Horizon as this is the last night of my cruise. The IMAX theater is located on Deck 6 forward. It was $12 a person for the feature length movies. This past week, they were showing Black Widow, Jungle Cruise & Dear Evan Hansen (which I believe came out this weekend). They also had a variety of nature movies that cost less (I don’t remember exactly how much). 

There was a concession stand with soda/beer and snacks but no popcorn as stated above. 

There are kiosks in front of the theater in which you can see which movies will be playing on which days and times and purchase tickets. 

I saw Black Widow and I had a great time. 

Edited by redsox1584

36 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I can tell you about the one on the Horizon as this is the last night of my cruise. The IMAX theater is located on Deck 6 forward. It was $12 a person for the feature length movies. This past week, they were showing Black Widow, Jungle Cruise & Dear Evan Hansen (which I believe came out this weekend). They also had a variety of nature movies that cost less (I don’t remember exactly how much). 

There was a concession stand with soda/beer and snacks but no popcorn as stated above. 

There are kiosks in front of the theater in which you can see which movies will be playing on which days and times and purchase tickets. 

I saw Black Widow and I had a great time. 

Can’t edit this but it is 12.95 a person not 12

2 minutes ago, excitedcruiser said:

Also on the Vista this past week there was no popcorn for the dive in movies. 

But, but, BlerkOne is never wrong!

Maybe they got tired of cleaning up all the dropped popcorn?

Edited by mondello
Add

15 minutes ago, mondello said:

But, but, BlerkOne is never wrong!

Maybe they got tired of cleaning up all the dropped popcorn?

I made a mistake once. I thought I made a mistake, but was wrong.

Popcorn was clearly listed as $2.50 at IMAX on Horizon, but I didn't purchase any, so maybe they didn't actually have any. As with many items - e.g. Crown Royal, there are supply chain issues.

• Thanks 1

I've gone to the Imax twice with my son and enjoyed it each time. It's cheaper then the Imax in my home town- around 12 dollars as someone mentioned, I think the nature ones though might have been cheaper? We went to see the first run movies just like we might do while on vacation at home. We went to Cherry on Top before hand and picked out candy to take with us though I think the concession stand had some for sale as well with some drinks including beer. Someone above there mentioned getting cookies from the buffet to take and that's a great idea. All in all I really enjoyed it.