Unlimited dining on Odyssey

cruiselvr04

I’ve searched but can’t find the answer.  What’s included?  I know you get a credit at playmakers.  What about Giovanni kitchen for pizza or apps?  Is this included?  I don’t find Royals website very helpful.  The “sale” is reasonable right now for our cruise.  We aren’t foodies but it might be nice to eat anywhere without charge on the ship.  

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’ve searched but can’t find the answer.  What’s included?  I know you get a credit at playmakers.  What about Giovanni kitchen for pizza or apps?  Is this included?  I don’t find Royals website very helpful.  The “sale” is reasonable right now for our cruise.  We aren’t foodies but it might be nice to eat anywhere without charge on the ship.  

Chef's table would not be included. Also a credit for Izumi and Teppanyaki. Most ships you can go to as many specialties as you want each night. Also includes specialty lunch on sea days. We met a couple on our Symphony cruise who went to Wonderland several times in one night, second trip was just for pork belly and a second desert.   

Edited by taglovestocruise

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Yes, it includes Giovanni, Chops, Wonderland and Playmakers ....I believe Teppanyaki and Izumi are a $10 surcharge.

1 hour ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

you can get pizza or apps at giovanni's kitchen, but not at the a la carte wine bar. you'd also have to pay for any food you get at the pub. it's a $20 credit per person for playmakers,  and a $35 per person at izumi. the Teppanyaki has a $10 surcharge. 

May I ask if you've been on the Odyssey and had this experience?  Or have read a post from someone who has?  Just wondering because it doesn't make much sense to be able to use it a place like Playmakers but not Giovanni's wine bar or the pub....then again, there are lots of things RCI does that don't seem to make too much sense! 😂

If this is the case, it would make less sense to me to get the unlimited dining package.  Which is sad, because I was considering it for our cruise in January. 

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, rajacks said:

May I ask if you've been on the Odyssey and had this experience?  Or have read a post from someone who has?  Just wondering because it doesn't make much sense to be able to use it a place like Playmakers but not Giovanni's wine bar or the pub....then again, there are lots of things RCI does that don't seem to make too much sense! 😂

If this is the case, it would make less sense to me to get the unlimited dining package.  Which is sad, because I was considering it for our cruise in January. 

Thanks!

i'll be on odyssey in november and have the unlimited. i asked a question on the royal caribbean blog, because i was curious as well.  it's my understanding, that those are "snacks", not considered to be "meals". sort of like how any food served in vintages was not included in any dining package. i was on freedom in august, and did see people coming into giovannis and ordering pizzas to go, so i guess you could do that and just eat it in the bar area.  

the blog post i mentioned is here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/09/18/everything-i-ate-royal-caribbeans-odyssey-of-the-seas

• Like 1

Hmmm. It was what we considered to be a good price so I bought it for February.  If we don’t like it or think it was worth it, that will be our one and only.  We normally like the MDR.  But with covid we may prefer in 2022 to eat by ourselves rather then at a large table so we thought this might be the time to try it.  There are definitely ships I wouldn’t do it on but on Oasis and Quantum class it makes more sense.  The others don’t have enough variety in my opinion.  The DH liked the fact that playmakers was included and this sailing has a lot of sea days so more lunches.

20 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

One more question….they assign you a restaurant the first night.  Do you wait until you’re on board to make the other reservations or can that be done ahead of time through the app?

When you get on board you can go to any specialty restaurant and make your reservations. You can also change your first night if you want. 
I don't know what Specialty Restaurant is on on boarding day for lunch, but that is included in the UDP too 

I know on Oasis Class you can dial 7000 from your cabin and make reservations over the phone (most likely the same number) 

39 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Hmmm. It was what we considered to be a good price so I bought it for February.  If we don’t like it or think it was worth it, that will be our one and only.  We normally like the MDR.  But with covid we may prefer in 2022 to eat by ourselves rather then at a large table so we thought this might be the time to try it.  There are definitely ships I wouldn’t do it on but on Oasis and Quantum class it makes more sense.  The others don’t have enough variety in my opinion.  The DH liked the fact that playmakers was included and this sailing has a lot of sea days so more lunches.

I am not sure they are doing large tables in the MDR with mixed parties... 

We were just on Symphony but I never went into the MDR. Just going off what I have read