Will there be a problem?

rs45thompson

17 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

Can you come back and let us know how it went?

17 hours ago, dbrucern said:

They do add to your card, however you have already had the two vaccines or one if Johnson and Johnson needed to cruise.  The booster will NOT cause you to test positive if having the PCR or rapid antigen however could possibly (and this is an extremely small false positive) if you were having blood drawn to check for antibodies however this is not required to cruise. We cruise this coming Saturday and are getting ours tomorrow

Yes dbrucern, can you let us know?  I am supposed to get my third vaccine due to being immunocompromised due to meds for my MS.  It is supposed to be 30 days before my next meed infusion.....which is 2 days after we get back from our 14 Repositioning cruise.  So, more than likely I will try to go a little over 30 days so it's not close to the 14 days window before the cruise just in case I get someone who wants to interpret this rule at the port lol  I do also have two cards as I forgot (read.....couldn't remember my super safe place I put it lol) my original one for my second shot, took it back once i found it so I can have an extra in case i were to lose one.  I will probably just go a few days in advance but am curious to your experience.

22 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

I was thinking about getting my booster shot today as extra protection.  My cruise is on October 9.  It is my third shot but it won't be 14 days between the shot and the cruise.  Will I have a problem?  I will call and confirm with carnival once they open.  Do you think it will give me a positive reading when I take my covid test 2 days before?  I am worried that I will be creating a problem for myself but would love the extra protection the booster would give.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Simple, call Carnival for clarification (record the name of the person you spoke to, date and time) and it will put your mind at ease.  Why spend your time worrying and risk being denied boarding??

John Heald said this morning, Monday the 27th, about the booster timing or whether you have it at all: " We have not made any announcements about this because it doesn’t change any of our protocols. If people have it and when people have it it doesn’t matter as far as boarding is concerned. Thank you so much mate and I’m here if you need anything"

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KatPem said:

Yes dbrucern, can you let us know?  I am supposed to get my third vaccine due to being immunocompromised due to meds for my MS.  It is supposed to be 30 days before my next meed infusion.....which is 2 days after we get back from our 14 Repositioning cruise.  So, more than likely I will try to go a little over 30 days so it's not close to the 14 days window before the cruise just in case I get someone who wants to interpret this rule at the port lol  I do also have two cards as I forgot (read.....couldn't remember my super safe place I put it lol) my original one for my second shot, took it back once i found it so I can have an extra in case i were to lose one.  I will probably just go a few days in advance but am curious to your experience.

I will be happy to let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 2:45 AM, KatPem said:

There was absolutely no problem

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:45 AM, KatPem said:

Just now, dbrucern said:

There was absolutely no problem

On 9/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, bafinegan said:

I would just wait to get my booster until I got back from my cruise.  STaff at the cruise port terminals might get confused by the 3rd vaccine recording and might deny you because it hasn't been 14 days since your last injection.  ANd yes, the booster shot should be recorded on your vaccine card.  I would want that in case ( in the future) you have to show proof of a booster within a certain time frame.

That's the way my husband and I are handling it, just waiting until after our 10/23 cruise to get our boosters. Of course, right now Moderna boosters aren't even available! We don't want any possible complications that could prevent our cruise, so we're following the rules for needed documents to the letter.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:34 AM, nlktx49 said:

That's the way my husband and I are handling it, just waiting until after our 10/23 cruise to get our boosters. Of course, right now Moderna boosters aren't even available! We don't want any possible complications that could prevent our cruise, so we're following the rules for needed documents to the letter.

We had ours the Monday before we cruised and had no problems and actually thankful we did as very few people wore masks especially on elevators