Jewel sailings disappeared from NCL website, anyone know why?

Also noticed that.  I was booked on Jewel 2022.1.9 b2b and 2022.1.20 and the first leg got cancelled.  I then changed to b2b in late March.  I noticed Jewel sailings up to late March now disappeared.  It's not likely they were booked full.  Either they want to work something out before showing up for booking again, or they are cancelled.

2 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Also noticed that.  I was booked on Jewel 2022.1.9 b2b and 2022.1.20 and the first leg got cancelled.  I then changed to b2b in late March.  I noticed Jewel sailings up to late March now disappeared.  It's not likely they were booked full.  Either they want to work something out before showing up for booking again, or they are cancelled.

I just wish we would get notified before it shows up or in this case doesn't show up!

Norwegian's web site frequently has issues over the weekends when they make changes.  I would not take anything too seriously unless things don't change by Wednesday.  The glitches in the system are notorious.  Same goes for the app.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

I was wondering when this was going to happen.  According to the Security and Exchange Commission 2nd Quarter Filing-- The Jewel is not scheduled to sail until March 2022.

How to get access to that information, including other NCL sailings?  Curious to know if other NCL sailings are in the same "boat".

10 minutes ago, Middleager said:

How to get access to that information, including other NCL sailings?  Curious to know if other NCL sailings are in the same "boat".

The 2nd Quarter Filing (6 August 2021) is on the website all the way to the bottom on the right hand side--Investors.  Warning it is a very long read.

• Like 1

Well I certainly believe their SEC filings a heck of a lot more than their public website. Unfortunately, I think this means the death of another sailing for me.  Really dishonest and disrespectful to customers to know this for the last 2 months and not remove the sailing and notified those who have booked with you.

I also would love to take bets against the Spirit showing up in Sydney in February, no way.

Edited by pghflyer
  • Like 1

Just contacted my personal travel consultant with NCL about the Jan 20 -30, 2022 Panama Canal Cruise, as I have tow cabins booked in the Haven and a ton of money tied up in non ship shore excursions and this made me nervous. She said the ship had reached 60% capacity and was taking no more new reservations. Dinner reservations can not be made in advance only on board due to the limited number of passengers and should be no problem. Butler should contact me direct and make reservations before we board. NCL notified them that they expect no more cancellations going forward and all restarts are going well.. Said if it should happen she would call me prior too public announcement as she has on the previous five times our cruise was canceled so we could get a jump on booking another one. She has been nothing short of great to this point, and I choose to keep the faith and will see you in Panama!

24 minutes ago, hobchlvr said:

Just contacted my personal travel consultant with NCL about the Jan 20 -30, 2022 Panama Canal Cruise, as I have tow cabins booked in the Haven and a ton of money tied up in non ship shore excursions and this made me nervous. She said the ship had reached 60% capacity and was taking no more new reservations. Dinner reservations can not be made in advance only on board due to the limited number of passengers and should be no problem. Butler should contact me direct and make reservations before we board. NCL notified them that they expect no more cancellations going forward and all restarts are going well.. Said if it should happen she would call me prior too public announcement as she has on the previous five times our cruise was canceled so we could get a jump on booking another one. She has been nothing short of great to this point, and I choose to keep the faith and will see you in Panama!

I would love to believe this as I'm also booked for this cruise - but all of the Norwegian Jewel cruises in January and February 2022 have been removed from the NCL website.

32 minutes ago, hobchlvr said:

It's be more believable if it's just this sailing that disappeared from booking.  However, it's all Jewel sailings in Jan, and Feb., and early to mid March sailings of Jewel.  The first Jewel sailing available to book is Mar. 20, 2022.

What's the chance of all those sailings, to suddenly reach 60% capacity on the same day, to be taken off booking?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Middleager said:

It's be more believable if it's just this sailing that disappeared from booking.  However, it's all Jewel sailings in Jan, and Feb., and early to mid March sailings of Jewel.  The first Jewel sailing available to book is Mar. 20, 2022.

What's the chance of all those sailings, to suddenly reach 60% capacity on the same day, to be taken off booking?

All of those sailings have been removed from NCL's travel agent booking system and concurrent with the consumer website 3/20/22 is now the first bookable date for the Jewel.

4 hours ago, hobchlvr said:

Have you made final payment?  Isn’t it due soon?  

3 hours ago, Middleager said:

Agree. Slim.   Was the Jewel supposed to return to service in January? 

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Agree. Slim.   Was the Jewel supposed to return to service in January? 

Yes.  I had booked Jewel Panama sailing for b2b 2022.1.9 and 2022.1.20.  Then 1.9 sailing got cancelled.  My TA thought the 1.20 might also get cancelled.  I decided to cancel that myself and booked the b2b 2022.3.20 and 3.29 instead, now hoping they'll still go.

I know it's very challenging for NCL to get back to sailing, but they could've had better communication/coordination with customers, and it doesn't look like they should've been taking bookings if the security filings showed they weren't going to sail.

Just got my official cancellation letter.  

"This means however, that we’ve had to modify a few sailings, and unfortunately, we must cancel Norwegian Jewel’s voyages with embarkation dates from January 20, 2022 through and including March 10, 2022, as she will be undergoing a revitalization. "

Same form letter as all the others...........

@MiddleagerI See, good luck!  Yes, it does seem NCL could improve on this. 

The Princess Boards have post from cruisers still thinking and hoping  they will sail to Hawaii for the holidays, whereas NCL stated over a month ago, no Hawaiian cruises until late January.  Just an example,  but it does seem NCL is doing a better job than Princess. 

@freezincoldvery helpful report, ty. 

Just got an email that our Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel for March 10th 2022 was cancelled.  All Jewel cruises from January 20th through March 10th were cancelled.  No option for FCC just auto refund.  Hopefully the refund is quick so I can find a different cruise.

Edited by mbfrenc0586
fix font

I am so mad right now. We were supposed to sail out of England in September - cancelled. Changed sailings - CANCELED. Changed itinerary - CANCELLED

OK, lets hold off until End of February - it will all be sorted out by then .....Norwegian Jewel, 21-FEB-2022 - CANCELLED. as she will be undergoing a revitalization. - how about you just dont want to have to pay up for the offers you have been promoting like 2 for 1 airfare etc.

This would have been our 14th sailing with NCL but I think I am done. I await someone coming to their defense, but we are not retired so its not quite so easy for us to juggle vacation times.

ARGH!

• Like 1