Transportation from Miami cruise port to airport

millacon

My friend and I are cruising out of Miami in a couple of weeks and wondered how easy or difficult it would be to get transportation from the cruise port back to the airport. Is rideshare or a taxi an option? I know there are shuttle services but sometimes you have to wait for a group of people to get there same with Carnival shuttles. What is the easiest and least expensive option? I have found a plethora of information about getting TO the port but coming from the port is not really discussed. 

I would *think* if a taxi is dropping someone off they would be okay picking someone up at the same time but I know some localities do not allow it. I was also concerned about attempting a ride share with all the traffic coming in and out. Ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

• Like 1

Just cruised in August.  There were plenty of taxis lined up and waiting.  It's a flat fee to MIA.  17 dollars, I believe.  We were off the ship, found a taxi and at the airport in very quick succession. No need to pre-plan based on our recent experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Just cruised in August.  There were plenty of taxis lined up and waiting.  It's a flat fee to MIA.  17 dollars, I believe.  We were off the ship, found a taxi and at the airport in very quick succession. No need to pre-plan based on our recent experience.

Last time I checked the flat fee for a cab between POM and MIA was $28+tip

9 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Last time I checked the flat fee for a cab between POM and MIA was $28+tip

It was organized into Alphabetical zones. Maybe 17 got us to the hotel when we landed the day prior.  But even at 28, that'd be cheaper than the Carnival shuttle per person transfer.   

The times listed under shore excursions for our cruise for a Carnival Shuttle from the Port to MIA are 8-9, 8:30-9:30, 9-10, and 9:30-10:30.  Does that mean they allow an hour to board the shuttle, but won't actually take off until the latter time?  How long does it take to get over to the airport on a Saturday?

On 9/30/2021 at 5:35 PM, pamesacruisin said:

Are there taxi vans or Ubers that hold 6 people and all their luggage?

6 passengers plus the driver will fill a mini-van, but leave almost no room for luggage.  Best bet is to split into two cabs or Ubers for the trip to the airport - you may need one vehicle to be a van-taxi or UberXL

Back in 2019, I know that car rental companies (at least National and Enterprise) at the MIA airport run free shuttle between Airport and port for customer returning or starting reservation. The driver asked for proof of reservation before letting you board. Do you know if they are still running those? Pandemic has introduced lot of chagnes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, redsox1584 said:

I just got off the Horizon today and we took an Uber to MIA. It was around $22 before tip. I did the Uber Comfort to ensure we got a vehicle that would fit all our luggage…UberX was a little cheaper. 

How early were you able to get off the ship?  Thanks

49 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

We were off the ship by 7:45 and in an Uber to MIA by 8

How was the process getting off the ship?  I'm just wondering how much time we need to allow from getting in the line to disembark, to walking out of the terminal?  I remember in the past it took forever to go through customs etc.  We'll be on a Thanksgiving cruise so I assume it will be more crowded.

5 minutes ago, pamesacruisin said:

How was the process getting off the ship?  I'm just wondering how much time we need to allow from getting in the line to disembark, to walking out of the terminal?  I remember in the past it took forever to go through customs etc.  We'll be on a Thanksgiving cruise so I assume it will be more crowded.

see my post in the link below…debarkation was very easy  

• Like 1