~*Cruise Planning Timeline*~

raina*faith

Anyone want to help plan our next cruise? :) We've been on 5 Caribbean cruises and this one will be Canada/New England which will mean all new clothes. :D We've always driven right to the port so we didn't have to worry about hotels or airfare - also we could overpack like crazy because there were no weight restrictions. The cruise is very port intensive and most of the ports are tenders so we won't be coming back to the ship for lunch so will have to make plans for that as well as the excursions. Things keep popping in my head that will have to be done differently this time. At least I have 7 months to plan.

WELL, BECAUSE OF SOME HEALTH PROBLEMS AND FINANCIAL SETBACKS, OUR INCOME IS EXTREMELY LIMITED. WE PASSIONATELY LOVE CRUISING, THOUGH, SO IN ORDER FOR US TO GO ON A CRUISE, LISTS ARE IMPERATIVE. IN ADDITION TO THE TYPES OF LISTS MANY OF YOU HAVE NOTED, I ALSO LIST ALL HOLIDAYS IN THE YEAR BEFORE THE CRUISE. :confused:

Sorry, My Son Just Put In That Face And Hit Send. Included In My Lists Are How Much The Cruise Will Cost Us And What Items We Need To Bring With Us. For My Husbands B-day In February, And For Valentimes Day, We Put A Couple Hundred Towards Our Costs. For My B-day In May, I Am Getting My Passport. For Our Anniversary, The Rest Of The Family Will Be Receiving Their Passports. I Start Shopping For Cruisewear In The Summer, And, That Is What Everyone Gets For Christmas. Stockings Are Stuffed With Quarters For Gambling, Sunscreen[this Year, Lanyards] Etc. I Constantly Keep Track Of Every Dime We Spend On Groceries, And For Every $3 I Am Able To Reduce In My Food Shopping, One Dollar Goes Into The Cruise Fund. In Non-cruise Years, We Go Out To Dinner Twice A Month. During The Years We Plan On Cruising, We Only Go Out To Eat Once A Month[if That] Those Are Just A Few Of The Lists I Make So That We Can Afford Our Cruise. Because, For Us, A Cruise Is Quite Expensive, I Love Making Lists Of All Types For The Entire Year Before We Cruise. That Way, I Am Enjoying My Vacation The Whole Year Before We Step On The Boat.

I too am a "list maker". I do it for everything! Making the list (especially for a vacation) is half the fun and makes the anticipation more exciting! I keep a running list and keep adding to it........ especially after reading all the good ideas from these boards!

Yep, I copied yours already... thank you! does everyone agree with that timeline or is there something else I should be doing?? i am a first time cruiser next Feb and I need to make my list!! Have a great day!

I booked my cruise in Jan 2006 for Jan 2007.

I read this website almost daily and learn something new each day.

I have booked my hotel already & if JetBlue had fares out already, believe me...I'd have that booked too.

I spent about 2 hours at my TA's on Saturday, talking to each TA that works there, (not a busy day for them) picking their brains and coming home loaded down with all kinds of books and information.

I then went to the book store on my way home, picked up a couple of travel mags and Fodor's Complete Guide to Caribbean Cruises.

My husband thinks I'm crazy, my son & his DW think I'm addicted but you know what??? They will thank me when we get somewhere on the cruise and they need to know something or something goes wrong. Mom will have an answer or something they need;)

I don't think you can know too much or have too many lists. I'm already shopping for things I know I'm going to need. I'll admit it...I'm addicted...Wondering if they have a 12 step program just for us????:p

When cruising or traveling in general ... I create shopping and packing lists for myself and children (hubby takes care of his own packing, without any list). I usually pack the day before departure and do a double check before we head out the door. Important documents (passports, tickets, etc.) are collected about a week or two inadvance. No list(s) of what we are going to do on vacation are written, we do not wish to be sworn to a schedule. We have too many "schedules" in our daily life, that we on vacation, forget the schedule/routine/calendar. If when on a cruise we want to go on an excursion, we will book when we get on the cruise, but if it is an activity that not one of us could do with out, we may book in advance. We also like NCL with their free style crusing as we can eat whenever we want, where we want. Otherwise, it is go with the flow. Relax and enjoy. Life is too fun ... and fun is #1 on my list.

Archived