Cruise with confidence now 31st Dec 2022 Question....

gordylad

According to the info we were provided by Celebrity on this issue, once the FCC for the CWC has been applied it cannot be used again. It’s why our TA is not cancelling our cruise until the last minute and we will not rebook until the April 2022 deadline in case additional extensions are given.

If the cruise you booked sails before 4 May.

Non-Refundable Deposit bookings sailing on or before May 4, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for AUS/NZ), are eligible for the Cruise with Confidence program. Prior to the final payment due date, if you wish to change a Non-Refundable Deposit booking to an alternate ship you can do so without incurring a change fee; the change fee will be waived.

1 hour ago, Cg52 said:

According to the info we were provided by Celebrity on this issue, once the FCC for the CWC has been applied it cannot be used again. It’s why our TA is not cancelling our cruise until the last minute and we will not rebook until the April 2022 deadline in case additional extensions are given.

The person at Celebrity who told you this is INCORRECT.  If you use an FCC on a cruise and EITHER the cruise line OR you cancel that cruise, the FCC is reinstated and is available for use again on a different cruise.  I've had numerous FCC's reinstated because the cruise I used it on was either cancelled or I cancelled.  I have had a single FCC reinstated 3 times.  I've also had Celebrity merge FCC and create new ones.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

The person at Celebrity who told you this is INCORRECT.  If you use an FCC on a cruise and EITHER the cruise line OR you cancel that cruise, the FCC is reinstated and is available for use again on a different cruise.  I've had numerous FCC's reinstated because the cruise I used it on was either cancelled or I cancelled.  I have had a single FCC reinstated 3 times.  I've also had Celebrity merge FCC and create new ones.  

Thank you I will enquire again. Were any of your FCC the result of the Cruise With Confidence? Ours is and we have been told book by April, sail within a year of original cruise and once a new cruise is booked we will lose it if we cancel again. 😢

8 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Thank you I will enquire again. Were any of your FCC the result of the Cruise With Confidence? Ours is and we have been told book by April, sail within a year of original cruise and once a new cruise is booked we will lose it if we cancel again. 😢

ALL of my FCC's are as a result of CWC.  The "rule" from the FAQ's (in part) state:  "The new FCC will be valid toward the cruise fare on a Celebrity Cruises and must be redeemed by April 30, 2022 on sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later."  So the date information they are telling you is correct.  HOWEVER, I see nothing in the FAQ's (or my personal experience) that indicates you will lose your FCC if you cancel EXCEPT if you cancel after the CWC period is over. Example: I would think that if you book by April 2022 for a sailing for a August 2022 sailing and you decide to cancel May 2022, the FCC is in jeopardy - I believe it will expire.  Since at that point, you can't meet the rule of booking by April 2022.  If you have already booked and you cancel tomorrow then you should have the FCC reinstated and have it available to use again (following the above rules).  

Example:  I had a 2/2021 cruise paid in full; cancelled by Celebrity 12/2020-ish.  I received an FCC that I used on a 9/2021 cruise.  I cancelled the 9/2021 cruise 5/2021 and the FCC was reinstated.  I then used that SAME FCC for a 10/2021 cruise - leaving in a week or so.  IF the 10/2021 cruise was cancelled for some reason, the FCC would again be reinstated.  But if I used that FCC on a 9/2022 cruise booked by 4/2022 then I tried to cancel the 9/2022 cruise in June 2022, I believe the FCC would be lost (not possible to book by 4/2022 since that date has passed).

Not sure I explained this well but a blanket statement that you will lose your FCC if you cancel does not seem correct.  I think it depends on WHEN you cancel and WHEN you rebook.  You just have to follow the rules.  Any FCC you have has to be booked by 4/2022.  If you can't book by 4/2022 for any reason.....you lose.  At least that is the way in understand the process.  

Here's a link to the FAQ's regarding FCC's:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

ALL of my FCC's are as a result of CWC.  The "rule" from the FAQ's (in part) state:  "The new FCC will be valid toward the cruise fare on a Celebrity Cruises and must be redeemed by April 30, 2022 on sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later."  So the date information they are telling you is correct.  HOWEVER, I see nothing in the FAQ's (or my personal experience) that indicates you will lose your FCC if you cancel EXCEPT if you cancel after the CWC period is over. Example: I would think that if you book by April 2022 for a sailing for a August 2022 sailing and you decide to cancel May 2022, the FCC is in jeopardy - I believe it will expire.  Since at that point, you can't meet the rule of booking by April 2022.  If you have already booked and you cancel tomorrow then you should have the FCC reinstated and have it available to use again (following the above rules).  

Example:  I had a 2/2021 cruise paid in full; cancelled by Celebrity 12/2020-ish.  I received an FCC that I used on a 9/2021 cruise.  I cancelled the 9/2021 cruise 5/2021 and the FCC was reinstated.  I then used that SAME FCC for a 10/2021 cruise - leaving in a week or so.  IF the 10/2021 cruise was cancelled for some reason, the FCC would again be reinstated.  But if I used that FCC on a 9/2022 cruise booked by 4/2022 then I tried to cancel the 9/2022 cruise in June 2022, I believe the FCC would be lost (not possible to book by 4/2022 since that date has passed).

Not sure I explained this well but a blanket statement that you will lose your FCC if you cancel does not seem correct.  I think it depends on WHEN you cancel and WHEN you rebook.  You just have to follow the rules.  Any FCC you have has to be booked by 4/2022.  If you can't book by 4/2022 for any reason.....you lose.  At least that is the way in understand the process.  

Here's a link to the FAQ's regarding FCC's:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions  

Thank you. Very helpful.

52 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Sorry...one additional rule I forgot.  For your NEW cruise to be covered by CWC, it MUST be booked by 10/31/21.  Any cruise BOOKED after 10/31/21 is NOT covered by CWC.  Still don't think that affects your FCC unless you book a non-refundable AFTER the CWC period.  EXTREMELY CONFUSING...I know.  Plus Celebrity keeps changing dates and rules...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

4 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Sorry...one additional rule I forgot.  For your NEW cruise to be covered by CWC, it MUST be booked by 10/31/21.  Any cruise BOOKED after 10/31/21 is NOT covered by CWC.  Still don't think that affects your FCC unless you book a non-refundable AFTER the CWC period.  EXTREMELY CONFUSING...I know.  Plus Celebrity keeps changing dates and rules...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Thank you. It’s very confusing.