The Daily for Friday October 01, 2021

richwmn

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I haven't posted much beyond the essentials lately.  It's been a crazy week or two.  After returning from my reunion 2 weekends ago a lot has happened.

Monday (20) my flu shot.

Tuesday (21) Dentist  (fillings)

Wednesday (22) After my August AC repair there was a part on order and it did not seem like the system was working.  The guy came out and installed it but no change.  I'm officially in the dead appliance club. 

Monday(27) to the Health Department for a Covid test (Negative).  I wanted to be sure after the reunion and while there were "Mask required" signs in both my hotels none of the staff was wearing.  Nice to know I'm actually negative.

Tuesday(28) the AC sales guy came out and it looks like I will be getting both a furnace and AC.  The furnace is ok but it's as old as the AC and the 2 systems are interconnected so I'll be replacing both.  After a lot of phone tag I finally have a contract for both.

In addition to the AC problem my bathroom light acted up.  I thought I had a spare flourescent tube but it changing tubes did not help.  Off to the hardware store for a new starter.  Still just useless flashing. On my next shopping trip I stopped at Home Depot for a new tube.  Theirs were all LED rather than flourescent but it looked like it would work.  Only for a couple minutes.   I tried another LED from the hardware store.  Nothing.  It dawned on me that when I did the flourescent tube shuffle it always flashed uselessly.  They actually had flourescent tubes and that finally worked after a couple of nasty days of errands and working with a bare bulb plugged into a socket but at least I don't need to find somebody to replace the fixture.

Wednesday (29) I got my booster shot (health department).  Fortunately. no reaction.

Thursday (30) "Graduated" from Cardiac rehab.

Today was crazy busy but it was mostly catching up on things with light at the end of the tunnel.

Roy

Happy Graduation, Roy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1