Balcony on Horizon not much left! Opinions

helene109

I need 2 Balconies for May on the Horizon all of the coves are gone. 5-14 sail date. We were on the Mardi Gras and we tried a suite and adult kids had a balcony it was an inconvenience going back and forth. Is the thrill theater loud.

We didn’t like looking down and seeing the Havana from our deck 9. There is a few on deck 9 but it is more $.

Opinions please!

C0E99E44-33C9-4E56-9030-7A77B0E630A6.jpeg

C32B9FF8-CBF6-481A-9648-6B03ABA958FB.jpeg

I had Room 6271 on the Horizon last week. The Thrill Theater was not open on my cruise but I did not hear any noise from the IMAX. The room location was good in the sense it was close to the elevators. 

There were a few things I did not like about the room location. I did not like looking down at the awning for the Lanai which was the deck below us. Also, one of the outdoor smoking areas is on Deck 5 so we could smell smoke occasionally while we were on our balcony. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I had Room 6271 on the Horizon last week. The Thrill Theater was not open on my cruise but I did not hear any noise from the IMAX. The room location was good in the sense it was close to the elevators. 

There were a few things I did not like about the room location. I did not like looking down at the awning for the Lanai which was the deck below us. Also, one of the outdoor smoking areas is on Deck 5 so we could smell smoke occasionally while we were on our balcony. 

Thanks that helps a lot! Maybe rooms forward in the first picture would be better with no one underneath it as I just checked. Thanks again!

• Like 1

My suggestion is to book closer to the thrill theater because the forward cabins are right above the liquid lounge. Therefore, the forward cabins are worst in my opinion. In addition, 90 days before the sail date when final payment is due, a ton of rooms always open up. This is because the travel agents have to release the rooms back to Carnival since they did not sale them all. Take a look at the pdf for the Horizon: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/63FE638ED9C941208C11CECDBB3990E1.ashx. When the rooms get released back to Carnival, you have the potential for more options within your stateroom 8B category (the yellow orangey color) to switch rooms. The other option is to track down the travel agents who are holding up all those rooms and book your cruise through them. Unfortunately, I have no idea who those travel agents are that are hoarding the rooms.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFromLA said:

My suggestion is to book closer to the thrill theater because the forward cabins are right above the liquid lounge. Therefore, the forward cabins are worst in my opinion. In addition, 90 days before the sail date when final payment is due, a ton of rooms always open up. This is because the travel agents have to release the rooms back to Carnival since they did not sale them all. Take a look at the pdf for the Horizon: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/63FE638ED9C941208C11CECDBB3990E1.ashx. When the rooms get released back to Carnival, you have the potential for more options within your stateroom 8B category (the yellow orangey color) to switch rooms. The other option is to track down the travel agents who are holding up all those rooms and book your cruise through them. Unfortunately, I have no idea who those travel agents are that are hoarding the rooms.

But I don’t want to smell smoke. Forward isn’t my favorite either. I hear what your saying maybe more rooms will open up.