Anxiety with testing.

desiree741

2 minutes ago, desiree741 said:

Thanks everyone for replying I feel better. So I went into Walgreens js saw a Benax test you got 2 for 25$? I’m guessing that was correct since the sign was above the test but you never know. 

No!!!  The test you just purchased is NOT accepted by the cruise line because it is not monitored!!

The at home tests that are accepted have to be ordered from Optum or Emed.  

FC3538AD-C273-49D4-A382-1337DE1036E2.jpeg

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

No!!!  The test you just purchased is NOT accepted by the cruise line because it is not monitored!!

The at home tests that are accepted have to be ordered from Optum or Emed.  

FC3538AD-C273-49D4-A382-1337DE1036E2.jpeg

Thanks! And I didn’t purchase thank goodness just saw them so I figured I would find out 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

My advice is to end all the stress!!! Fork out the $100-$150 fit the BinaxNow tests. 2 days before the cruise, wake up, login, follow the proctors instructions, fingers crossed for negatives, then sail with free. It eliminated all with for me and we cruise Thanksgiving also. Chi-workers took "24-hour" result test locally. They got them 3-days later. I am not even going to play that game.

Hey!  We just did this today.  We paid about $35 per proctored test that Carnival recommended- bought from Optum- the BinaxNow E-med test that others recommend. It was easy!  I have to admit, I watched lots YouTube videos and I took one early just to be sure.  We also had CVS booked as back up but canceled.

Negative today, sail Monday!!  Good luck to you!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Hey!  We just did this today.  We paid about $35 per proctored test that Carnival recommended- bought from Optum- the BinaxNow E-med test that others recommend. It was easy!  I have to admit, I watched lots YouTube videos and I took one early just to be sure.  We also had CVS booked as back up but canceled.

We will do this for the first time in 12 days.  I love hearing about all these people who have successfully done the Telehealth tests successfully!  I am a little anxious but only because I haven’t done one.

Thank you for sharing your experience!!  It makes me feel even better!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

We leave on October 23, a Saturday. Several of our friends who have already cruised got their tests at a minor emergency clinic in another town. I called one in our town, they do the rapid antigen test, no appointment needed, Medicare covers. Our town is pretty small but we have 4 minor emergency clinics, nso I would imagine New Orleans would have plenty! Just google, then email or call oe closest to port to make sure they have an approved test and if you need an appointment. The telehealth appointments make me nervous, have a feeling I'd screw it up. Good luck!

Is this "Medicare covers" for normal Medicare (no bells and whistles), which I have?

6 hours ago, L1211 said:

Good for you. About 2 weeks ago our mandated weekly testing went into affect with work for unvaccinated. A large number of those the first week had to take vacation leave because results weren't back. That is Strike 1 of 5. Self termination on the 5th occurrence. Because so many are testing weekly and many more now, results are taking 2-5 days. My daughter's friend entire family came down with covid 2 weeks ago. They tested at a 24-hour site on a Sunday results came back late Wednesday night.

We are 13 days out from saling. I have 6 tests from EMED but only need 2 so we will take 2 with just in case we see a panic couple at the port needing a test. I picked up 2 test kits from Walgreens which is the same thing just the at home kits to test ourselves before we call the proctored test

• Like 2

Yep, I'm a little stressed out about the test.  When I booked our cruise and told our PVP I was worried about which test we need she said all you need is a rapid antigen test.  But there are different ones.  She said call now to schedule a test for November 19th, as we are cruising on the 21st. CVS doesn't let you can make an appointment that far in advance.  With 5 people it could be really expensive too.  I'll be calling our health insurance tomorrow to see if the tests are covered if we're not actually sick.  Anyuone know??  

13 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We will do this for the first time in 12 days.  I love hearing about all these people who have successfully done the Telehealth tests successfully!  I am a little anxious but only because I haven’t done one.

They were great.  Sister and I are taking our 80 years young mother and she did this test too.  They let us assist her all throughout- we weren’t sure how strict they’d be on that!  We got the results both by email and the app in just a few minutes.  We both printed and screen shot the results.  Easy peasy!!  Good luck!

2 hours ago, zorky12 said:

We are 13 days out from saling. I have 6 tests from EMED but only need 2 so we will take 2 with just in case we see a panic couple at the port needing a test. I picked up 2 test kits from Walgreens which is the same thing just the at home kits to test ourselves before we call the proctored test

We “pre-tested” the night before for peace of mind.   Also scheduled later the same day at CVS as a back up.  So stressful!!  Good luck!’

2 hours ago, zorky12 said:

Never even though about taking the spares if no one local needs them. They will just go to waste at my house. I will do that for the just in case people.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We ordered from Optum and they came in just a couple of days.  Be sure you have the EMed proctored tests!! 

Has anyone gotten the rapid Ag IA test at the Little Clinic in King Soopers/Kroger?  I'm so confused on what Carnival accepts.  I agree with the OP,  lots of anxiety over this.  Anywhere that does the rapid antigen test should be accepted right?   I want to make sure we get the correct test and would like to avoid the home test.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:09 PM, ray98 said:

I really don't see the big deal.  We booked our appointment about 10 days out for CVS.  We drove there and had results in 15 minutes.  I also knew if the appointment was cancelled I could pick up the at home tests.  Not really even worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things.

Where are the at home tests they require available in stores?  I've only seen them online.  Which means to be safe I'd have to book with CVS and if it got cancelled already have the test at home with me.  My fiancé had his test cancelled at CVS.  Luckily we were able to find another location.  I'm not taking any chances and ordering the at home tests as a backup.

51 minutes ago, hayesktrm said:

Where are the at home tests they require available in stores?  I've only seen them online.  Which means to be safe I'd have to book with CVS and if it got cancelled already have the test at home with me.  My fiancé had his test cancelled at CVS.  Luckily we were able to find another location.  I'm not taking any chances and ordering the at home tests as a backup.

Who is "they" and what requirement? People here have reported a handful of states giving out the proctored tests for free but otherwise they are available by prescription online (by answering the online questions about symptoms, exposure, travel, etc.) only.  Any test you buy at a retailer is not going to be monitored and not going to provide the documentation you need to board a cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Who is "they" and what requirement? People here have reported a handful of states giving out the proctored tests for free but otherwise they are available by prescription online (by answering the online questions about symptoms, exposure, travel, etc.) only.  Any test you buy at a retailer is not going to be monitored and not going to provide the documentation you need to board a cruise.

Dallas Guy, I'm agreeing with you.  Ray98 said it was no big deal if their appointment was cancelled because he could just pick up a test.  I have never heard that there was a place you could pick up the test with the EMED...only online.  I have taken the at-home test just to alleviate some of the test anxiety I had, but knew it wouldn't be accepted by Carnival (Carnival is the "they" and it's their requirement).  

• Like 1

I have purchased the emed tests and was wondering if I can take them Saturday morning for a Monday cruise or if I should hold off until Saturday night. I just don't want carnival to say it wasn't within 48 hours of the ships departure. The anxiety is really getting to me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, QueenFrostine said:

I have purchased the emed tests and was wondering if I can take them Saturday morning for a Monday cruise or if I should hold off until Saturday night. I just don't want carnival to say it wasn't within 48 hours of the ships departure. The anxiety is really getting to me.

They only count days, not hours…..so anytime Saturday for a Monday cruise is fine….

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hayesktrm said:

The proctored test can only be bought online. If you buy it at CVS, Carnival won't accept it.

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, Dive Master said:

Our Anxiety is over. We cancelled our January cruise this morning.Vacations are supposed to be fun, not full of stress with testing, mask, canceled ports,etc.

Sorry to hear that. Walgreens came through with flying colors even printed the results for us. No stress no fuss .

7 minutes ago, Dive Master said:

Our Anxiety is over. We cancelled our January cruise this morning.Vacations are supposed to be fun, not full of stress with testing, mask, canceled ports,etc.

Ok. Not sure what the anxiety was about. Very simple solutions out there that are stress free.

At least you can now look for your next vacation.

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 1