Royal Caribbean pre cruise purchases, how often are the discount sales and are they usually similar?

I don't cruise until February but the discounts for the excursions, beverage packages, the key, wifi etc all finish tomorrow... and I am getting reminders to book stuff before the sale ends.

I am aware that this will not be the last sale before the cruise in February, but how ofter are they and will they all be very similar? I really don't want to tie much money up yet but is it likely some of the things reduced now will not be reduced again, or by as much? or will it be a similar discount a few times before February?

Thank you

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

Im on a Feb 2022 sailing as well, I'm holding out buying anything till the Black Friday/Cyber monday sales roll around.

ah ok, I will watch out around then, do they usually have better sales at that time then? thanks

4 hours ago, workstocruise said:

I would like to know why Celebrity offers free wifi, drink packages and prepaid tips but RCCL offers none of these.  Princess and NCL also offer these pkgs.  it’s not like Royal has better prices.

NCL does not really offer it for free. There are Sail-Away fairs without the added perks that are much more in line with Royal's prices. But just like Royal you will then need to add in the packages once booked. I personally like this model better than NCL. Mainly because we don't want/need the drinks package. (We don't drink), The excursion bonus is not a benefit to us as well. (We usually book 3rd party excursions for half the price of NCL excursions.) I much prefer the, you choose your package approach of Royal. And I'm an NCL fanboy too. I really enjoy their cruises. I'm doing my first Royal trip this coming February and love that I can spend 169.00 pp for unlimited specialty dining (Much better than NCLs 3 nights they give you that they also charge you 18% gratuities that ROyal does not), and only 23.00 pp/pd for a soda/unlimited wifi package vs having to get the alcohol package. It's more cost efficient.

3 hours ago, binro01 said:

NCL does not really offer it for free. There are Sail-Away fairs without the added perks that are much more in line with Royal's prices. But just like Royal you will then need to add in the packages once booked. I personally like this model better than NCL. Mainly because we don't want/need the drinks package. (We don't drink), The excursion bonus is not a benefit to us as well. (We usually book 3rd party excursions for half the price of NCL excursions.) I much prefer the, you choose your package approach of Royal. And I'm an NCL fanboy too. I really enjoy their cruises. I'm doing my first Royal trip this coming February and love that I can spend 169.00 pp for unlimited specialty dining (Much better than NCLs 3 nights they give you that they also charge you 18% gratuities that ROyal does not), and only 23.00 pp/pd for a soda/unlimited wifi package vs having to get the alcohol package. It's more cost efficient.

I totally agree with the above. Also, the shore excursions on NCL carry a much higher mark-up than similar excursions on Royal. This makes the $50 dollar discount perk rather useless.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, binro01 said:

Lol. We will see. I’m a geek and I have been tracking prices on about 9 different packages to see if the above Meme holds true. 

For my bookings in 2020-2021, the prior year Black Friday prices for internet, dining and Deluxe Beverages were the same prices as available on other sales, or, in the case of the dining, the regular daily price.  This could be the timing of my bookings relative to Black Friday, too, though.  I don't know.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all your replies. We’re taking our kids and grands on a cruise next summer and I just paid for a beach cabana on Cococay which cost an arm, so I was just venting while looking for a cheap price for drinks and internet. I love Royal and know their prices are the best but everytime I see an ad from Celebrity or NCL with all their freebies it makes me think I’m missing out on something. Im hoping the Black Friday sale is a good one!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 10:31 PM, matj2000 said:

Do you really think someone on this website actually knows that type of answer??

Do you really think it was worth you replying?

I love this site, a great community happy to help each other. I value each and everyones view, opinion and/or advice which is given from personal experiences. Really has helped me at times to make the right decisions, or even just to calm anxieties. You are the first person who has replied with something completely unhelpful and irrelevant. 

But thank you to everyone else who had input, it is very appreciated and helpful!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, workstocruise said:

I love Royal and know their prices are the best but everytime I see an ad from Celebrity or NCL with all their freebies it makes me think I’m missing out on something. 

Then, the Celebrity/NCL marketing is working! 😃

And Black Friday usually has a few items that are discounted more than usual.  It's not across the board, but there are always a few I can grab.  My aunt drinks softdrinks, and we are sailing next May.  I plan to grab that soft drink package up for her, if it is a good price. 

I have a NYE 21 cruise. I check every day. Prices literally change weekly, daily, hourly. No rhyme or reason.

Hoping the black Friday / cyber Monday deals are decent, I already have most of my things booked at prices I think are fair.

But like everyone else says, if the price drops cancel previous order and purchase new lower price. Its a win win.

Edited by alexgtp

7 hours ago, mashisback said:

Do you really think it was worth you replying?

I love this site, a great community happy to help each other. I value each and everyones view, opinion and/or advice which is given from personal experiences. Really has helped me at times to make the right decisions, or even just to calm anxieties. You are the first person who has replied with something completely unhelpful and irrelevant. 

But thank you to everyone else who had input, it is very appreciated and helpful!

Was your reply any more necessary?