? Re Coco cay beach club — freedom and harmony in port Jan 2022

Cruising Harmony 16-23 Jan 2022.  We are at Coco Cay on 22 Jan 2022 from 0930-1700.  Unfortunately for us, Freedom is there at 0700. Hubby and I are early risers and off the ship quickly most days.  I’m concerned that we won’t be able to find nice loungers in a good location at the beach club and am considering cancelling the excursion since we get there 2.5 hours after Freedom.   We’re not snooty, but I am a bit of a worry wort.   I hate to pay $320 for 2 people and find all the beach loungers messed up and picked over by the time we get there.  It’s like pool deck chair hog 2.0 fear (might be a name for that fear in the medical books by now)!  Am I worrying about nothing?   Looking for reassurance that the staff there reset “abandoned” beach loungers etc so we can have the nice towels etc. as advertised.  I’m confident the rest of coco cay will feel spacious even with 2 ships as we were there before the beach club was complete.  If I can’t get relaxing beach club experience, I’d rather just grab a couple loungers elsewhere.   Thoughts?

Edited by dianajo67

Pre-Covid, in my experience at the beach club, it was never over sold. It was full but not to the point where we didn’t have chairs or good service. You’re going at a low time plus likely reduced limits due to COVID. I wouldn’t worry about it. 

1 hour ago, cruisinelmo said:

We will be going to Coco Cay the week of Feb 13 and was wondering the same thing. Question; Where did you look to determine if there were two ships docked on the same day of your arrival ?

Cruisetimetables.com under ports of call tab.  Hit Bahamas, them coco cay, then date.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 7:19 PM, dianajo67 said:

Cruising Harmony 16-23 Jan 2022.  We are at Coco Cay on 22 Jan 2022 from 0930-1700.  Unfortunately for us, Freedom is there at 0700. Hubby and I are early risers and off the ship quickly most days.  I’m concerned that we won’t be able to find nice loungers in a good location at the beach club and am considering cancelling the excursion since we get there 2.5 hours after Freedom.   We’re not snooty, but I am a bit of a worry wort.   I hate to pay $320 for 2 people and find all the beach loungers messed up and picked over by the time we get there.  It’s like pool deck chair hog 2.0 fear (might be a name for that fear in the medical books by now)!  Am I worrying about nothing?   Looking for reassurance that the staff there reset “abandoned” beach loungers etc so we can have the nice towels etc. as advertised.  I’m confident the rest of coco cay will feel spacious even with 2 ships as we were there before the beach club was complete.  If I can’t get relaxing beach club experience, I’d rather just grab a couple loungers elsewhere.   Thoughts?

We were there a couple of weeks ago with the Allure and Freedom in port. There were about 3000 passengers between the two ships (not even a full Freedom). The beaches were wide open. No issues. No need to waste your money on the Coco Beach Club

• Like 1