Just off MSC Meravaglia on 9/25 cruise

Gatordad1967

11 hours ago, Gatordad1967 said:

What an awesome time we had.  Great ship, great crew, food was excellent.  5 out of 5 stars!!!

I agree completely.  We were there with you and the 120 hours of reading/ learning I did about it leading up only caused a lot of unnecessary anxiety.  It was seriously amazing.

11 hours ago, Starboard_Sunner said:

That is terrific to hear - we are going next week!

Just a couple questions:

Was the F1 and/or the flight simulator open?  Any sense of the number of passengers? 

Thank you!

The simulators and the 4d were open - bowling was not.  The bowling seems to suffer from the same problems as McDonalds ice cream machines.

There were just under 1000 people on board, according to the cruise director.

Edited by MonsterJoe

The number of ppl varies, Joe heard under 1000, I heard 1100.  Either way, it was pretty empty and cozy.  

I was bummed to hear the flight simulator was out of commission as well as the bowling.  Joe is right the device that breaks on the machine is the same as the shake machine.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:03 PM, sojodave said:

Did they have an elegant/formal night on your cruise?

I was on that cruise and whether or not there was a formal night is still a mystery to me.  We expected formal night to be the evening of the first sea day (Monday), but the daily planner for Monday clearly said evening dress was casual. Nevertheless, many people dressed up that night. As we had brought nicer clothes, we went back to the room and changed into them when we saw so many dressed up.

14 hours ago, cruisebug722 said:

was your trip a 7 night?  I'm leaving 10/16 and we have two sea nights?  wonder if one will be listed as formal.  Did they have a "white night" like so many are now doing? thanks.

Formal nights have been discontinued for the time being, but the menu is still for the "elegant night."  Since the Captain and higher up crew are not mingling with the pax they are keeping the dress code as "casual."

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

Formal nights have been discontinued for the time being, but the menu is still for the "elegant night."  Since the Captain and higher up crew are not mingling with the pax they are keeping the dress code as "casual."

thanks - I'll leave the "fancy duds" home.