Live From the Sunrise! Take Two

L1211

On 10/4/2021 at 1:18 PM, L1211 said:

Lobby bar for the fail. You can’t wait patiently and get waited on- proven! 
KJ Chardonnay and a Skinny Sailor. 
drink count- me, 2

DS- 2

DM- 0 but the day is young…

Our last night service in the lobby was was equally as terrible.  The SAME server, Aime, who confiscated our cards because she claimed we had not been to our Muster Drill, although we showed her in the app where we were all cleared, was working.  We asked for a chocolate martini but hold the vodka.  It was

for My mother and she didn’t want that much alcohol.  We were told “I cannot alter any recipe” by Aime.  Without vodka, it was a shot of Bailey’s and a shot of chocolate liquor.  We are flexible and crafty. Ok, we will take those two shoots and a glass of ice.  She was oddly not happy, so she lef let us to stand there and go wait on ANYONE that she could. When she had no one left but us (it was about 11:30) she had to come back around to us. Now, she  wanted my 80 y/o mother with mobility issues to come to the bar.  She was sitting in the lobby bar area, in direct line of sight, only a few feet away. Aime did provide the components to the “altered” drink that she simply could not make herself but was oddly upset about it.  Why did she care???  She was a standout sour server - in a class of her own.  The rest of the team was simply DEAR !! they were gracious, how can we help, what can we do, let us serve you professionals.  

3 hours ago, tw67 said:

Welcome back home!  Thank you for posting during your cruise!  You have me so excited for mine later in the month!

It was so nice to have you along for the ride!!!  Appreciate your comments!!

3 hours ago, tw67 said:

Welcome back home!  Thank you for posting during your cruise!  You have me so excited for mine later in the month!

Excited for you!!! We loved the Sunrise,

can’t wait to sail her again!! The updates are beautiful and the staff delightful!! 

• Like 1

I missed posting about Seaday Tea.  What a lovely tradition that Carnival continues. It’s a bit hard to fit in given the expanded and wonderful menu for Seaday Brunch!  But, We planned our dining opportunities well and made both one of our days at sea. 

Tea started at 3 and you really needed to be there right at the start.  They served you from carts they pushed around the dining room.  Tea selection was just Lipton black tea or green tea. But was served in lovely white individual China teapots. 

They offered a selection of savory finger sandwiches or sweet treats.  We were really there for the tea but sampled a few treats. Service was efficient and very friendly. 

E932711B-0B52-4CCA-89DD-69BAC24AD7E4.jpeg

646F82FC-5050-4E06-A868-D471F288F80C.jpeg

754585BE-DB8D-4690-8BD4-CC273A124FCF.jpeg

B0DD7579-DEC4-4F94-BC78-17D4B6A075EB.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, au1999 said:

Thanks for the great review and pics!  We sail on Sunrise on the 23rd, so this makes us even more eager to get on the boat!  Thanks for taking the time to do this review.

So excited for you!  We loved the updated ship decor and venues, but it’s the crew that made this cruise so special. Ok, that and low capacity!  Only 1500 passengers and full staffing. The service was just outstanding and no lines- anywhere!  Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, patches33 said:

Terrific review. Thinking about doing the 5 day cruise and this has really made me want to give it a try. Thanks for taking the time and trying all those cocktails just so you could keep us informed on the variety!!

Oh we highly recommend the Sunrise!  The redo is beautiful but it’s the crew that made the cruise!  Of course 50% passenger capacity had to make a difference.  I hope everyone who can gets to experience low passenger rates.  It was amazing!!  Enjoy!’

On 10/9/2021 at 11:18 AM, L1211 said:

Our last night service in the lobby was was equally as terrible.  The SAME server, Aime, who confiscated our cards because she claimed we had not been to our Muster Drill, although we showed her in the app where we were all cleared, was working.  We asked for a chocolate martini but hold the vodka.  It was

for My mother and she didn’t want that much alcohol.  We were told “I cannot alter any recipe” by Aime.  Without vodka, it was a shot of Bailey’s and a shot of chocolate liquor.  We are flexible and crafty. Ok, we will take those two shoots and a glass of ice.  She was oddly not happy, so she lef let us to stand there and go wait on ANYONE that she could. When she had no one left but us (it was about 11:30) she had to come back around to us. Now, she  wanted my 80 y/o mother with mobility issues to come to the bar.  She was sitting in the lobby bar area, in direct line of sight, only a few feet away. Aime did provide the components to the “altered” drink that she simply could not make herself but was oddly upset about it.  Why did she care???  She was a standout sour server - in a class of her own.  The rest of the team was simply DEAR !! they were gracious, how can we help, what can we do, let us serve you professionals.  

I am sorry that you had such a difficult experience with Aime. I was on the same cruise and thought Aime was wonderful and I noted how friendly and professional she was in our survey. 

22 hours ago, anyone4cruisin said:

I am sorry that you had such a difficult experience with Aime. I was on the same cruise and thought Aime was wonderful and I noted how friendly and professional she was in our survey. 

I’m so glad you had a great experience!  The service overall was top notch for sure!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 6:27 PM, L1211 said:

So this happened. 

227D9E15-9C81-4B4C-8CE9-8B6CF1A6D576.jpeg

5569B87A-2A2C-402D-A979-4A3425392858.jpeg

I love Alchemy Bar! Years ago, I was on a different Carnival boat (can’t remember) and my friends and I did a cocktail-making class. It was so much fun and the cocktails are really delicious.