Live From the Sunrise! Take Two

L1211

We are rusty for sure!  I got the name of our ship wrong in my previous-cruise posts title- thank you Carolyn!  So started again.  The pre-cruise posts from our travel day to Miami is attached. 

We are a party of three- mom and two daughters, celebrating DM’s birthday on the Sunrise setting sail tomorrow.  We have two cabins- a Cloud 9 Balcony and interior just across the hall.  

Booking was odd- we needed two cabins but all had different specials tied to our VFIP number. I had the “Free Cabin” special and ended up booking the Cloud 9 interior for $50- no kidding. But wait!  DM and DS had a RU1 offer and booked for a low low price WITH free drinks! I had to spring for Cheers on top of the cheap room.  

I added Premium internet and we planned dinner at Cucina and the steakhouse.  We passed on Chef’s Table- just didn’t love the menu.  

Here’s the cast of characters.  We have 10:30 boarding, group A02.  Won’t be long now… join us!!

0899E50F-97E4-4E31-8D68-690BFDE79F11.jpeg

• Like 7

We stayed at the Courtyard South Beach last night. Pics in the attached Woops Review of the Sunshine…. One more thing to like- Starbucks in the lobby!  Good morning- it’s cruise day!

93A146DA-6FC5-45E3-B757-55306A634AA0.jpeg

• Like 2

This morning’s line up at Port of Miami.  RCL Freedom, carnival Freedom and our home for the next 5 days, Sunrise. Also in port was X’s summit.  Also my first sighting of the new NCL terminal. Let the games begin!!

594826FF-E802-4A52-8F70-B6BB107D2C79.jpeg

46F49D2C-E746-4D01-913A-02830EDB1A51.jpeg

66E662AA-5836-40F2-A236-2AAD3C673FDC.jpeg

C6306480-C1E9-41B4-B97B-55313B1899E8.jpeg

2A3BEED3-EB0F-4FC3-B8E1-EE27A9302E8B.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tw67 said:

So Pig and Anchor was open right away?  That is great.  I thought I had heard that it didn't open until noon on embarkment day.  

Open and the food was piping hot!  The meat was melt in your mouth tender!  Best chicken I’ve eaten!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Open and the food was piping hot!  The meat was melt in your mouth tender!  Best chicken I’ve eaten!! 

I told my husband that this is where we go as soon as we board!  Well as soon as I get a drink!

• Like 1

Lunchtime food review from three experts!

Guys- tried the Straight Up- regular, dressed cheeseburger.  It was amazing.  Hot, perfectly cooked.  We LOVED the topping bar.  The onions and the mushrooms could have been a side dish.  Fried crispy.  Consensus - it’s a 10 out of 10!!

Pig and Anchor- all the meat was outstanding. Brisket was just past fork tender- melt in your mouth!  
Pork - juicy, tender, not greasy.  Carolina sauce was not carolina sauce but was good!

Chicken- lots of dry rub and perfectly cooked.  Fall off the bone tender- outstanding!

sides- 

Mac and cheese- just ok, thin sauce 

Potato salad- not great, needed seasoning 

collard greens- full of ham, a bit greasy but excellent flavor!  Recommend

Burnt end baked beans- perfection! Cooked tender, full of

meat.

rating - meat 10/10!!!  Sides 7/10

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

OOOHHHH!!!!  Besides my Sunrise at the end of the month I have Carnival Freedom in January!!  Nice to see it ready to start up again!

Jealous!!!  Sunrise is in such great shape.  The decor gives me a bit of a NCL vibe.  It’s beautiful!

• Like 1