December 1, 2021 Mia. To South America

Roccaforte

Are there any new updates from O regarding requirements for boarding in Miami.  Are all port of call open for excursions?  Is mask wearing required on board?  What about flying back to the USA after the cruise?  It just seems like so many ways for things to go wrong.  We’re so ready to start cruising again but we’re nervous and it’s a big investment.  I keep hoping things lighten up by December.  

I believe the payment in full date for your cruise has passed. I actually expected an announcement by now from Oceania. The cruise after yours, as does ours, visits Chile. Their new protocols require all foreigners to quarantine 5 days upon entering the country and cruise ships are banned. 

Currently all other lines have cancelled their Chilean itineraries, if not all of S. A. for the upcoming tourist season. 

We remain booked on a January Santiago-BA cruise. I’m guessing Oceania is still trying to work it out with the Chilean officials, but am not hopeful.

We are on the 12/19 Lima - BA segment.  We've had no word.  I'd imagine most people are like us....we'll wait until final payment date, which is 10/19 or 20, and cancel if Chile is not open to cruise ships.  We also expected to hear something by the final payment date for the Miami-Lima segment.  I'm not frustrated, such is life in Covid.  However, we won't drag this out hoping Chile opens, and not make other plans for the Holidays.  

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I believe the payment in full date for your cruise has passed. I actually expected an announcement by now from Oceania. The cruise after yours, as does ours, visits Chile. Their new protocols require all foreigners to quarantine 5 days upon entering the country and cruise ships are banned. 

Currently all other lines have cancelled their Chilean itineraries, if not all of S. A. for the upcoming tourist season. 

We remain booked on a January Santiago-BA cruise. I’m guessing Oceania is still trying to work it out with the Chilean officials, but am not hopeful.

Silverseas, Crystal, Quark, etc. have not canceled their Antarctica cruises for 2022 and they involve both Chile and Agentina.

4 hours ago, basor said:

Silverseas, Crystal, Quark, etc. have not canceled their Antarctica cruises for 2022 and they involve both Chile and Agentina.

I checked the port of San Antonio. Oceania Marina is the only cruise ship currently scheduled in for Dec-Jan. An Italian ship is due in in February.

I believe some of those on Antarctica expeditions are staying on the Atlantic side.

If Chile remains shut down ATW 22 won’t be going there as an alternative either.

Edited by pinotlover

37 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I checked the port of San Antonio. Oceania Marina is the only cruise ship currently scheduled in for Dec-Jan. An Italian ship is due in in February.

I believe some of those on Antarctica expeditions are staying on the Atlantic side.

If Chile remains shut down ATW 22 won’t be going there as an alternative either.

The Silverseas Antarctica cruises are departing from Punta Arenas, Chile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

The others (Quatk, Crystal, etc.) all depart from Ushuaia.....Argentina is opening their borders to International travelers on 01NOV2021 and had announced earlier that they would allow cruise passengers for Antarctica.