Best Excursions in Aruba, suggestion?

J Star

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done this excursion yet, but have it booked for April. I read great things about them on these boards, and decided to go for it. We are taking the morning trip, which goes from 9:30 - 2p.m. It includes three snorkelling stops, a lunch buffet, beverages and a rope swing off the boat. The owner has been great to work with, and they offer a discount if you book online. If you're interested, their website is www.jollypirates.com.

Laura

Everything is good in Aruba. People we met on this cruise did this trip (jolly pirates) and loved it! We did the half day jeep and then went to the beach. This way we saw a little of everything. Our inlaws did DePalm Island -also very good. It just depends what your interest is. Whatever you do you can't go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Aruba 2 years ago and did the Kukoo Kunuku and we thought it was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! What a great time for all ages and if you're an outgoing friendly person who likes to meet people this is the way to go......good times,fun music, lots of drinks, and Great Entertainment!!!!

Good luck finding the right excursion!!!

hmmm.......

It really depends on what you like to do. Are you "partiers" who enjoy that sort of thing or do you enjoy water sports.....horseback riding.....sightseeing......vegging on the beach.........ATV riding etc.....?? If you could let us know a little bit more about what you enjoy I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

IMHO, we enjoyed the "snuba" in Aruba about as well as any excursion we have ever done. It was unreal. Totally fun and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. It is a fairly short excursion (a couple of hours) so it leaves a long time to do other things as well.....sometimes it is hard to narrow things down when you are only in port for a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Will are taking the Brilliance of the Seas cruise 4/7 and will be stopping Aruba - I have only booked excursions in Costa Rica and Panama Canal - for Aruba and Grand Cayman I have not booked anything - we have 2 children 6 and 7 - what do people recommend? should we book something for Aruba and Grand Cayman or just try to do something on our own? My husband and I are adventursome, but given that our children our young, I'm not sure we could do horsebackriding or anthying too crazy with the kids - any suggestions?

I would head to the Grand CAyman board and look to see about booking a stingray City excursion for the kiddies. Using one of the private vendors listed there you will save almsot 50% plus arrive with a lot less people then you would if booking with the cruiselines

We did the Jolly Pirates last May and found the whole adventure great

EXCEPT one thing----make sure you get to the pirate ship on the first

"tender". They sort of over-booked the day we were on and we were in

the sun from 9am until 2:30. the back of the pirate ship has cover but it was

full by the time we got to the ship, so we had to sit up near the front for the whole day. Each time you went snorkling your sunscreen was washed off and

since we're not used to the directness of the sun and reflected sun off the

water the fact you couldn't get sunscreen on fast enough, we all got really

burnt. Nearly ruined the rest of our cruise. Make sure you get a spot with

some shade!!!!

dbb25

"A Class Act." That is what DH called this Swim, Snorkle and Swing tour that he took. Unfortunately I was not feeling well, but when he returned he said it was the best excursion he every took. We booked on our own through their website.

They now have two sailing pirate ships. DH said plenty of shade, full bar with whatever you like and soft drinks, water, etc. It is not a party boat and is geared to family. Lunch was very good and just a wonderful atmosphere aboard.

DH would give it :) :) :) :) out of Four:)

Archived