Covid on Iona

Cathygh

12 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I have had an email back saying they have noted my comments and that they will investigate and once all completed will come back to me. May take up to 28 days depending on the level of investigation needed.

Has anymore  people had a reply.

Same as you.  Standard reply I guess.

11 hours ago, showingdiva said:

I was on the Virtuosa cruise after the one that apparently caused the problems.   By that time, the buffet was back to being crew service only, and we were all tested (FOC) the day before disembarkation in Southampton.  In some respects, MSC maintained some of the most rigorous rules during these UK cruises.    However, in the case of them relaxing some restrictions on board, it was a bit too soon.   MSC's customer service, especially pre-cruise, can be a bit of a shocker, but personally I think they've come in for some unfair criticism, especially having personally witnessed the behaviour of some passengers.

I agree MSC always seem to have  unfair criticism by UK passengers, Back in May and June when I was onboard, so was Simon Calder I felt very safe with MSC Covid policies and actions at the time. I did notice  some passengers that were ignoring the rules. However the lifts use seemed to stay as 4 to the lift, unlike Britannia in August where everyone was trying to cram in them . On P&O The sun beds were also very close together. With increased capacity .  I felt  safer on my MSC trips than on P&O.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lindyloo22 said:

I have had an email back saying they have noted my comments and that they will investigate and once all completed will come back to me. May take up to 28 days depending on the level of investigation needed.

I too have received the standard 28 day holding letter. No doubt they will take the maximum allotted time to reply. We set off for our cruise in 30 days so not much hope there then! 

Jim 

1 hour ago, lindyloo22 said:

Same response as the one I've received today.

Had my update that it's still up the line and nothing to report yet.  I've emailed again mentioning I know a lot of people from the forums and on line chats are emailing because they've become aware of the issue.  Also mentioned Snow Hill's reply that protocols are changing and asked for confirmation of when.

I'd like to have a list of the names on everyone's replies if possible? One or two I've dealt with have been better than most. The last but one in July called me and gave me £250 OBC on my next cruise due to poor communication. 

If you get time could you let me have the names, thanks.

12 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm not on the closed Face groups for any of the three ships currently sailing.  Has anyone onboard asked the magic question of who pays if you are offloaded with a negative test? Now that would be interesting to hear an officer's view!

Well Megabear I posted on the face of IONA ( well the wife did lol) wow cannot keep up with comments I have made reference to this site/page/yourself ,asked people to ask the questions on face of IONA insurance for negative test/is P and O cover costs. and requested if someone gets a definite yes to an insurance providing cover for a negative test offload to please let us Know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Had my update that it's still up the line and nothing to report yet.  I've emailed again mentioning I know a lot of people from the forums and on line chats are emailing because they've become aware of the issue.  Also mentioned Snow Hill's reply that protocols are changing and asked for confirmation of when.

I'd like to have a list of the names on everyone's replies if possible? One or two I've dealt with have been better than most. The last but one in July called me and gave me £250 OBC on my next cruise due to poor communication. 

Mine was sent by:

Natasha

Guest Support Representative,
Office of Simon Palethorpe, President, Carnival UK
Office of Paul Ludlow, President, P&O Cruises
Email: executive.correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com
Web: www.pocruises.com | www.cunard.com
Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1ST

Jim

I'm back on to Staysure now. Had a morning of very important things today - buying my Coldplay tickets for August. Now they're safely done and hotel booked I'm giving P&O my full attention again.

Looking forward to hearing from my new Iona chums, Swanseasailor!!

Edited by Megabear2
Missed words
  • Like 1

We are on the 30th October sailing of Iona so I checked with my insurance company (not Holiday Extras) what would happen if either of us were disembarked due to positive Covid test. The lady checked with their Medical team and if I tested positive then my travelling companion would be able to claim on my insurance if she was disembarked with me. However if she tested positive and I was also disembarked I would have to claim on her insurance, i.e. my insurance would not cover me. Bad news is that her insurance does not reciprocate so I'd have to fund the quarantine etc. out of my own pocket.

Booster jab booked for tomorrow, fingers crossed and a bit more Internet searching !

I got my insurance through JustTravelCover with InsuraTrip. 

18 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Interesting- she's who I'm speaking to.

I was thinking it might be a robot name used on all complaints. 

Perhaps you could mention the need for a prompt resolution of your enquiry due to the serious consequences for P&o customers. 

I also raised the issue of onshore support for anyone disembarked and how they would deal with CPS for those who selected parking as part of the package. 

Jim 

No, Natasha definitely exists, I get personal emails from her.  Emily dealt with me for Cunard when I was pushing in August for the testing policies.  

I'm interested to see how many names crop up as my commercial experience tells me CEO offices are normally only manned by a few people, maybe P/As, personal secretaries etc.

All my Cunard correspondence has been from Paul Ludlow's staff. 

Daedalus that’s interesting. I take it your travelling companion has own separate insurance from yours going by  what you say. Is that correct ? Am just wondering the situation if you were both on same policy that’s all - with your insurer ?  Thank you 

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

My reply was from Natasha

The problem is I don't want to upset them before giving them a chance to reply.  I've no desire to publicly destroy them as that is self defeating in that we need them to thrive because they have our money.  Really hoping for a proper dialogue to open for at least a couple of us.  Although the latest contacts received the 28 day reply I doubt they'll leave it that long before giving us their views/opinions/answers as they will be well aware that those on Faceb etc will be spreading the word.

I've chased today and will do so again next week.  I'm hoping someone who is onboard Iona now might let Swanseasailor have an inside view. Hopefully no one gets unwell until its sorted, especially with Britannia on her T/A journey down to Barbados.

I did speak to Staysure again and still told it's a very grey area.  The guy warned me quarantine in Barbados is very, very expensive and I told him I wasn't planning on using it any time soon!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The problem is I don't want to upset them before giving them a chance to reply.  I've no desire to publicly destroy them as that is self defeating in that we need them to thrive because they have our money.  Really hoping for a proper dialogue to open for at least a couple of us.  Although the latest contacts received the 28 day reply I doubt they'll leave it that long before giving us their views/opinions/answers as they will be well aware that those on Faceb etc will be spreading the word.

I've chased today and will do so again next week.  I'm hoping someone who is onboard Iona now might let Swanseasailor have an inside view. Hopefully no one gets unwell until its sorted, especially with Britannia on her T/A journey down to Barbados.

I did speak to Staysure again and still told it's a very grey area.  The guy warned me quarantine in Barbados is very, very expensive and I told him I wasn't planning on using it any time soon!

Got this from our bank today who use Allianz, 

0BEC6BE9-2B0D-4E80-912A-94722E3FC04E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1