Check-in date before final payment date

What is the process for check-in before final payment date?  Can everyone check-in regardless of whether or not they have made final payment?  I would like to get an early boarding slot. I am hoping you have to be paid-in-full to check-in. I will make our final payment  early and hopefully beat the crowd to check-in. Anyone have experience with this?

22 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

What is the process for check-in before final payment date?  Can everyone check-in regardless of whether or not they have made final payment?  I would like to get an early boarding slot. I am hoping you have to be paid-in-full to check-in. I will make our final payment  early and hopefully beat the crowd to check-in. Anyone have experience with this?

I was able to check in for my Nov 6 Oasis a couple of weeks ago even though I just paid the balance due 4 days ago.

I just notice the box on the web under my reservation said check in available so I did.

by the way early boarding is over rated.  Best to wait until 75% of the ship has boarded.  You wont have the crowds and just get a nice breakfast at whatever hotel you are staying at.   Later is better in my opinion.  Do not like the WJ crowds on boarding day.  It's like folks lose their minds feeding.

Paying early doesn't open up boarding times, they open for everyone on the same date. The app allows you to see on most sailings when check-in will open. Normally it would open at 90 days when final payment was due. This may/may not be the case. For example: my Jan 10th Indy sailing has a FP date of Dec 1st but check-in says it opens on Nov 27th, so I can technically get a decent boarding time even before I pay balance off.

• Like 1

I'm on the Freedom on 12/6.  My check-in is not available yet, and we're 60 days out today.  I thought I read someplace that check in on the app was at 30 days prior.  Has anyone else experienced this?

16 minutes ago, RhondaC said:

I thought I read someplace that check in on the app was at 30 days prior.  Has anyone else experienced this?

All US check ins were moved to 45 days out last month. Final payments were moved to 30 days out through end of Jan.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

Last week I checked in for a cruise 45 days before our cruise in mid-November.  Our final payment is next week.  I had downloaded the app, and the app will also indicate when you can check-in.

It's quite important to do this right at the 45 day mark if there's a specific arrival time you want.  You will pick a half-hour window for arrival from a choice of times and it stresses that you need to arrive within that window because of the Covid protocols.  I guess I will find out in person next month how well they enforce that.  I hope they do, it could alleviate the crowding at the WJ that an earlier comment had mentioned.  I also received a notice from RCL that our sail away time has been delayed to give more time for the health screenings.  

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was able to check in for my Nov 6 Oasis a couple of weeks ago even though I just paid the balance due 4 days ago.

I just notice the box on the web under my reservation said check in available so I did.

by the way early boarding is over rated.  Best to wait until 75% of the ship has boarded.  You wont have the crowds and just get a nice breakfast at whatever hotel you are staying at.   Later is better in my opinion.  Do not like the WJ crowds on boarding day.  It's like folks lose their minds feeding.

not us - we want to be on the ship the second we can.  Head to the pool, get  a drink and chill.  First day of the cruise, want to take advantage of it.  could care less about lunch, never go into WJ for lunch.  If there is an El Taco then I might get some black beans, but that is it.  I just want to lay at the pool and soak up the rays.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

We always get the earliest time available.  We don't need to run to eat lunch, just want to be on the ship and get our vacation started.