Carnival Cruises and older folks

Mrs f.

I am "only" 58 and I would prefer to be around the younger crowd than the senior set.  More energy, lively crowds and better conversation.  And typically the kids are not that bad...who really cares if they push all the buttons on the elevator (should take the steps anyways!) or cut in the buffet line to grab a dinner roll.

Edited by Badfinger

My husband and I, 65 and 64, Just did a B2B on the Carnival Panorama and I’d guess ages the first week were 50 and up and second week a bit younger and a few more kids.  We had a fantastic time, ship was quiet during sleeping hours, and decided to book a B2B on Vista out of Galveston Oct 23.  We feel it’s changed over the years, much closer to Royal in quality.

51F808C4-5725-4E0D-B3B0-52AE62C02F07.jpeg

FB58E330-BF5D-4412-A001-0545DD041EF4.jpeg

C6DFD439-D91E-4F04-8922-BEC78EE66C2D.jpeg

30736ECC-D3E7-435A-B341-30BCD0E388E3.jpeg

32759A07-9884-4CBA-887E-996F3EA1A779.jpeg

7B787483-CECF-4B71-9844-3C9FB109AB60.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2021 at 10:30 PM, RGEDad said:

I recently booked a Carnival cruise out of Galveston. 10 day cruise outside of Kiddo's vacations periods. Booked the Carnival Dream as it was out of Galveston (we can drive to there), had a few ports/stops we liked, and was - relatively - inexpensive.

I have never cruised with Carnival, and it is been probably 25 years for DW since she did. Now in our upper 60's and mostly cruise with HAL for a number of years. I was about to book on Deck 5 cause that is always a safe deck for noise control on the HAL ships we cruise, but I happened to look at the Dream's deck plan and I was right on top of a Calente Dance Club that DID NOT OPEN TILL 11PM. Yikes - never seen a club open-up that late on HAL. We are usually well in bed by that time. Moved up a deck quickly. 

It will be interesting to see the difference between the two lines, both of which are owned by CCL.

You will see a big difference!  Carnival is at the lower end of the Carnival Corp market and most of their ships are geared for families and young adults, with a lot of onboard activity well into the night whereas HA is geared more to older adults, some families, but not so heavy into the nightlife. Both are great for different reasons.  As someone previously said, the longer cruises (longer than 7/8 days) don't seem to attract very young families, probably because of time and/or the cost. Life is what you make it!

4 hours ago, silversneakers said:

You will see a big difference!  ...  Both are great for different reasons.  ... Life is what you make it!

Expecting some difference - I like difference - Sometimes you get surprised (in both directions) - do not know till you jump in and see for one-self. 

• Like 1