Covid test and Luggage

Cruisemeister2002

I have thought about this and decided to pose the question as to what happens with regards to luggage whilst Covid tests take place. We will be travelling to Southampton by coach and what normally, pre-covid, happened was we would leave the coach with our hand luggage and the coach would then be unloaded of the remaining luggage which after going through the usual passport, questionnaire and credit card procedure we would go through scanning and boarding of the ship. Continue on to our cabin where normally in dribs and drabs our luggage would appear. I presume no luggage handling takes place until all passengers on the coach have been checked. Further to this, if by some chance a positive test happens how do you return home ? Also if a couple are tested and one tests negative and the other positive obviously the one testing positive won't be able to board the ship. But then the other partner will not wish to go on a long cruise without their partner so how are you covered regarding FCC's and insurance.

3 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

But then the other partner will not wish to go on a long cruise without their partner so how are you covered regarding FCC's and insurance.

IIRC all those travelling on the same booking  with the infected person will get FFC.

I tested positive at the port back in July. They had to go and get our cases back off the ship 😆

Fortunately I was driving so could just jump back in the Car and drive home.  

P&O and CPS were fantastic . We had a full refund on the holiday and a full refund from CPS within a few days.

• Like 2

Surely if your partner tests positive you have to isolate for 10 days, so you wouldn't be allowed to board.

Still not clear how someone who has tested positive can then get home to isolate - what if you came by train or plane? Or do you have to book a hotel room locally. - would they let you in if you are positive? So many unknowns.

Edited by southamptonsue

5 minutes ago, southamptonsue said:

Surely if your partner tests positive you have to isolate for 10 days, so you wouldn't be allowed to board.

Still not clear how someone who has tested positive can then get home to isolate - what if you came by train or plane? Or do you have to book a hotel room locally. - would they let you in if you are positive? So many unknowns.

I believe P&O arrange transport back home for you. If you have driven to the port, you just drive back.