Port Information on new Princess Site?

cactusrose

Has anyone found the Port information sheets on the new Princess site. These are the ones that you get in your Ports folder on board ship. They give a little history on the port, where you will be docking, currencey; infromation on shopping, banking, post office; and a few phrases. They used to be on the old site, but I haven't been able to find them on the new one.

Has anyone found the Port information sheets on the new Princess site. These are the ones that you get in your Ports folder on board ship. They give a little history on the port, where you will be docking, currencey; infromation on shopping, banking, post office; and a few phrases. They used to be on the old site, but I haven't been able to find them on the new one.

I know the ones your thinking of, I haven't been able to find them since they updated their site a while back.

I was hoping to print some out previous to our Baltic cruise this summer...bummer :( ...looks like I waited too long.

Hope they bring them back.

Thanks crusdiva! You have confirmed my suspicion that they are just not there. It's too bad as they were a great resource for planning. They even had a map of the port. You do get them when you board the ship, but I'd rather have them in advance.

Do you mean the "Adventure's Ashore® Port Guide" ? If so, I think Princess is in the process of putting them on their web site. Actually, the only one you'll be able to find there is for Venice, Italy.

You can find it by going to:

- "Prepare for your cruise" on the main page;

- then select "View All Embarkation Ports";

- then select "Venice, Italy".

In the new page that will appear, there is an "Enhance your vacation" display. You can download the "Adventure's Ashore Port Guide" there... As I said, this is the only one there for now. I sure hope they will update the other ports soon...

Last minute update...

... After I post this message, I looked at the Princess web site and found one guide for Singapore, Rome, Osaka, Beijing, Barcelona and Bangkok... There is hope ! :p

Do you mean the "Adventure's Ashore® Port Guide" ? If so, I think Princess is in the process of putting them on their web site. Actually, the only one you'll be able to find there is for Venice, Italy.

You can find it by going to:

- "Prepare for your cruise" on the main page;

- then select "View All Embarkation Ports";

- then select "Venice, Italy".

In the new page that will appear, there is an "Enhance your vacation" display. You can download the "Adventure's Ashore Port Guide" there... As I said, this is the only one there for now. I sure hope they will update the other ports soon...

Last minute update...

... After I post this message, I looked at the Princess web site and found one guide for Singapore, Rome, Osaka, Beijing, Barcelona and Bangkok... There is hope ! :p

YES! THAT'S IT! :D Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'll check my ports in a couple of days and see if they are there. Looks like they might be updating them.

I hope they eventually include ports that aren't embarkation ports.

Here's a way to find the entire list of ports that have the Adventures Ashore download.

Search for Adventures Ashore. When the results page comes up narrow it down by selection Ports of Call from the drop down list and click on search again. The results will be a list of all the ports that have the download with links to each. Thanks again AlainBob. You made my day!

I'm wondering if I'm thinking of the same thing as you. There used to be a way on the website to view each port with a map and info on whether it was a harbor or tender port and some info about interesting attractions. I was able to print out these pages on each of our ports last summer but I'm not able to even find these now.

Here's a way to find the entire list of ports that have the Adventures Ashore download.

Search for Adventures Ashore. When the results page comes up narrow it down by selection Ports of Call from the drop down list and click on search again. The results will be a list of all the ports that have the download with links to each. Thanks again AlainBob. You made my day!

Thank you, thank you.

I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully they be adding the Baltics soon.

Thanks for the tip ! I have never use the search engine on Princess web site and I think I'll use it more often in the future !

That's the way I see Cruise Critic ! Everyone helping everyone else by giving little tips and tricks... :) I sure love this site !

Alain R.

Archived