Table for 2 on Celebrity

Snoop123

After getting on board go to your stateroom, get your dining table assignment card and bring it to the lounge outside of the restaurant where there will be a table set up for dealing with table assignments.

We just got off the Connie and had gotten a table for 2, unfortunately it was right behind the wine/waiter station and in a major traffic area. We nearly avoided having food/wine dropped on us nearly every evening. Make sure you ask for a table preferably near a window, we noticed a few tables for 2 near windows. It might help to slip a tip as you say good bye and thank you for their help. We didn't and ended up with the worst table in the dining room, oh well....

Snoop,

As a past cruiser of Celebrity (Elite status), I wouldn't count on a table for two being reserved for you. We have always requested a table for two, but when checking in with the Asst' Maitre'd in charge of seating, we have always been seated at larger tables. No problem, the Asst' Maitre'd will fine a table for you.

Enjoy!

Kel

As others suggested request it ASAP. Then double check when you get on board. Have them look in the computer though…many times they just look at the table chart and say “no that’s a table for four”…but if they look in the computer they will be able to tell if it is in fact set up as a table for two.

Having said that many of the true “two tops” are not in good locations on the M class ships so the “four top” set as a “two top” might be the better choice. My favorites on M class are tables 532 and 539, they are upstairs but on the railing looking down on the main floor. Very good tables. If you are CC Elite or in a Suite you stand a better chance of getting exactly what you want. We have a table for two on every cruise!

As others suggested request it ASAP. Then double check when you get on board. Have them look in the computer though…many times they just look at the table chart and say “no that’s a table for four”…but if they look in the computer they will be able to tell if it is in fact set up as a table for two.

Having said that many of the true “two tops” are not in good locations on the M class ships so the “four top” set as a “two top” might be the better choice. My favorites on M class are tables 532 and 539, they are upstairs but on the railing looking down on the main floor. Very good tables. If you are CC Elite or in a Suite you stand a better chance of getting exactly what you want. We have a table for two on every cruise!

ABSCruiseLuvers is 100% correct! :) There are four really nice tables for two on the Millennium class ships -- "upstairs on the railing" which what we always request. Good luck!

Kel

• 6 months later...

We requested a table for two on our last cruise on the Millie and also requested it be by a window. We did this with our TA at the time we booked the cruise and that is exactly what we got in our table assignment. I don't know if this was luck or what but it did work for us.

Regards,

Ben

We had a table for 2 on connie and it was right by the railing. Great location. Our TA booked for us along with concierge class room (9046). Not sure what worked but we had no problem getting this table for our very first crusie ever!!

after reading this thread I contacted our TA and asked her to request a table on the 2nd level by the railing (we're booked on Infinity next summer, table for 2) anyway, she emailed me and said she tried, both through their 'booking house' and directly with X, and in both cases was told it was not possible, that the Maitre 'D handles those requests.

Maybe staying in a CS will give us some priority ? if not, and the table is awful - we can dine in our suite - which I want to do once anyway just to see what it's like - so I'm not worried - I was just disappointed at my TA's response.

Also, rest assured we'll be first in line to board !! so we'll be checking on table assignments ASAP !!

Archived