What did you enjoy most about sailing on the Majestic with reduced passenger capacity?

CineGraphic

5 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

I have to use an electric scooter on the ship. Elevator use is usually a pain -- trying to get into one w/people crowding or waiting until one comes that isn't full.

On the Majestic in Sept. in Alaska it was easy!  If there were already a few people (3-4), they always waited for me or held the doors -- no hostility at all.

Loved that we (3) could easily get reservations in any of the 3 DRs.

Really loved the Conservatory! 

I've never had a favorite Princess ship (I love the fact that they're so very similar that I don't have 'learn' a ship).  But now, the Majestic is my favorite because of the Conservatory.  I may take a Mexican cruise just to be on the Majestic again.

We totally agree about the Conservatory. We were on Majestic on the Sep 19th Alaska sailing.

I'll be on the Majestic this weekend, but I had similar pleasant surprise on the Ovation of the Seas last month, with 1700 passengers:

1. No hall noise or congestion from stewards or room service. I was slightly creeped out because I went 7 days without seeing or hearing another passenger in my hallway.

2. Dining flexibility--easy to move between restaurants until you find servers and tables that you like.

3. No lines or seat-saver/deck chair hog issues. 

4. Quick and easy embarkation/disembarkation and getting on and off ships in ports--I imagine Cabo tendering will be much easier.

5. No buffet hordes, except on disembarkation morning, meaning no hunting for tables and no feeding frenzy lines. Really looking forward to an uncrowded atrium, too, since it can be difficult to find a table just to have a coffee or watch a performance. 

6. Biggest bummer--you can't see crew member faces and smiles. All crew on Royal wore Smile Buttons, showing their face smiling, I hope Princess does something similar. 

There were no crowds except at the evening shows.  Crew were extremely happy and gracious.  Great ship and really good food.  Good Spirits bar was fun with a great bartending crew.  One could stroll up any time and get a seat there.  Also agree with others that the noodle bar (sp) was a hit with us.  

• Like 1

We enjoyed being served in the buffet & encountering few passengers in the halls and elevators.

Our favorite meal was at the Harmony Restaurant but the noodle bar was yummy too.

We didn't mind that we were only able to visit one port.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melonn said:

We enjoyed being served in the buffet & encountering few passengers in the halls and elevators.

Our favorite meal was at the Harmony Restaurant but the noodle bar was yummy too.

We didn't mind that we were only able to visit one port.

We loved that noodle bar! I wish they had that on more ships.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:24 AM, Sea Hag said:

We sail again on 10/31, assuming we get tested successfully, and I'm really looking forward to that. No idea what the passenger count will be, but probably  not 100%.

Our TA tells me that Princess told her 60%.  But we all know that if she called back and asked again, the answer would be different. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Our TA tells me that Princess told her 60%.  But we all know that if she called back and asked again, the answer would be different. 😉

That 60% would make my hubby very happy.