Question about formal night

CTKaren

We are taking a 4 night cruise next month. This is the first time on Carnival. We have done many cruises on Royal Caribbean. 

Which night should we expect this formal night to be on? And how strict is the dress code? I know on Royal it is pretty much optional

and I would think the Carnival would be the same but just double checking. I just plan on black pants and nice top and my husband

will probably want to wear his nice jeans and a polo shirt. 

Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, CTKaren said:

We are taking a 4 night cruise next month. This is the first time on Carnival. We have done many cruises on Royal Caribbean. 

Which night should we expect this formal night to be on? And how strict is the dress code? I know on Royal it is pretty much optional

and I would think the Carnival would be the same but just double checking. I just plan on black pants and nice top and my husband

will probably want to wear his nice jeans and a polo shirt. 

Thanks in advance.

Elegant night as Carnival calls it is very low key, especially on the shorter cruises. What you describe as your clothing choices for Carnival will be very acceptable.

It will be probably be the 2nd dinner of the cruise.

Technically jeans aren't allowed on Elegant night but Carnival's enforcement is so lax, especially these days, that nobody will bat an eye.  Right now they are just thrilled you are back on the ship.  We saw some 'waaaaay' outside the code on both our cruises so far. 

I now wear nice slacks and a Tommy Bahama with some docksiders.  Puts me right about the median or slightly above.  Nice to not lug a suit-bag on the plane but I will say I miss the jacket/tie days sometimes, especially when our kids were teens, traveled with us, and viewed Elegant night like 'fine dining'; a real treat when you're 12 or 14.