Price of drinks

Nasmas

Yes, last month on the Amsterdam the bar drinks were $5.75 , frozen or frou-frou drinks were $6.95, beer was $3 to $4, wine around $4-6 depending. Premium liquor was expensive by the shot. I remember the Louis 13 was $90.00 per shot!

I found this link with drink prices from the Ryndam. I looked at the martini list and the prices are the same as when I sailed the Oosterdam over New Year's. I would imagine no matter which HAL ship you are sailing the prices are standard.

http://cruiseclues.com/orcatekwebryndammenus.htm

My husband and I were sitting here discussing our up coming cruise and were wondering what the bars on the ships charge for a premium bar drink. Can anyone help us out? Thanks.

Does anyone know if HAL ever has a "happy hour"?

We've never been so lucky to go on a cruise where they had a "happy hour", that is, if you meant "two fers".

At the "meet the captain" cocktail party drinks were free.

On the Ryndam, the only drink that was a real special was the special drink of the day - $4.75 or $4.95 - not certain. But they did not use premium brands.

Martini's on the Ryndam - no special bar or time. When we were on the Volendam, they had once during the cruise a Martini day - choose your own liquor - including Grey Goose - and they would make whatever martini you wanted - $4.75 - it was at the Ocean bar and set up for about 3 hours.

Happy Hour?? - not on HAL.

Does anyone know if HAL ever has a "happy hour"?

They had a nightly happy hour on the Royal Olympia line, as well as a "martini special" each night.

(The HAL prices are right in line with other lines)

Yes they do have a happy hour. It is "happy" for those with early seating not those with late. :(

They used to do twofers during the bingo games. Also, it seems that I remember something between 5-6 in the afternoon, some sort of specials, but I can't remember what they were. I do remember the drink of the day but they were never anything I drank. Usually a martini of some kind if my memory serves me (which it doesn't do much lately. Thanks for all of the info.

Thanks for all of the feedback on drink specials, gang.:)

Royal Olympia is a Greek cruisline. They'd sailed out of Houston prior to bankruptcy.

Each night, they had a 2 hour "happy hour" in one of the lounges. It was lovely. Discounted drinks and hot appetizers....everything was Greek- phyllo pastries with feta/spinach, calamari, pastitsio, stuffed grape leaves, etc. We were in heaven!

Our favorite bartender would "fill 'em up" to go for the dining room.

T'was delightful.:)

BTW: We were happy to learn that HAL offers something to nibble on prior to dinner.

Archived