perks for rebooking a cruise Carnival cancels

pammypoo

Carnival had already cancelled 2 cruises we had planned for.  First cruise we were given an onboard credit of $300 for rebooking the cruise.  The fares were about the same, air fare went up, which, considering the onboard credit, made this cancellation a wash.  It was though a real pain to have to reschedule work, cat sitter, new airfare, etc. as well as the hours spent on the phone with Carnival.  Second cruise was cancelled too but we were offered on board credit and a beverage package to rebook.  Cabin price slightly more ($200) Airfare went up again.  Now we are dealing with the third cancellation of the ship Paradise in Feb.  This rebook deal is $300 on board credit.  Carnival informed me that we only qualify for one on board credit.  Price increase of $300/ person balcony cabin, $200 per person airfare increases.  So, to reschedule with Carnival will cost us $500 more per person on tickets that originally cost  less than $400, effectively double what we would have paid, not even considering the cruise credits  previously provided.  While I certainly don't want Carnival to go under, I believe that this cancellation is solely for Carnival's financial benefit.  Has this type of thing happened to any of you?  What did you do?  Thanks!

Paradise and that category of ship surely you know will be the last class restarted so this cancellation isnt a surprise. If you were able to book for $400 originally you got a great price. Very few of us book airfare thru carnival and count that as a rebooking cost.

Had you booked a longer cruise you would be offered $600 obc, but it was a shorter cruise so $300 obc is generously being offered.

Personally I took the refund on all but one but now dont have obc on my upcoming cruise. Carnival cancelled me 3 times and each of the 3 reboots was higher on the one I did I paid way too much and regretting what I paid. 

I'd say it's up to you if you want to reschedule a smaller older ship experience. Sounds like you work and plan pretty far in advance. I know carnival said they would have half their ships restarted by year end and is ahead of schedule .. so your cancellation was to be expected. I wouldnt have planned a cat sitter for this class of ship for next feb. 

It is annoying if you dont have a good deal to rebook. I'd book further out for that ship and hope it restarts. The cheaper prices are on closer in ships right now. People are cancelling oct nov and dec and that's where the deep discounts are. Prices are cheap right now, dropping. Is there another ship you can book? Booking a ship that hasnt yet restarted is of course risky.

Personally I'm booking rcl as the only other alternative out of Galveston rather than pay full carnival prices. Rcl did a big sale thru march of next year. 

I've now had 4 carnival cruises cancelled. The first was a 7 day last April and they gave me a $600 OBC. The second was a 5 day and when it was cancelled my OBC dropped to $300. So I lost some of the original $600 OBC by the length of my second cancelled cruise. I guess the solution to this problem is to quit trying to cruise from ports I can drive to and instead fly to where the big ships are. (with my smaller OBC)