NCL Beverage List Updated

CardFanDubG

25 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Funny story:  I last sailed with my newly legal niece and her gf for her college graduation cruise.  They were used to "college" drinks but not into the strong alcohol taste.  So I introduced them to Toasted Almonds (Kahlua, Amaretto, and cream.)  You don't taste any alcohol but after a few go down easy the room starts to spin.

Problem was, our bartender didn't know how to make it.  I explained but, over the course of the week, he took liberties:  The cream was soon 86'd in favor of soft ice cream mix and he inexplicably added creme de cacao.  Once, he accidentally added peach schnapps.  If I were partaking myself, my blood sugar would have been 1200 but they loved it. 

Over time, others saw what they were drinking and wanted the same.  I have no idea how the recipe has morphed since we left the ship but it's probably all sugar and alcohol by now. 🙂

Toasted Almonds are yummy though!!  You would think that would be pretty standard. Some of those add ins sound pretty good!

10 hours ago, CardFanDubG said:

The eligibility of the "hot cocktails" vary from ship to ship. I have found them more available on the Alaskan cruises. Other times I have had to order coffee and a shot (Bailey's, Kahlua, or whatever) and create my own.

For budget purpose any beverage $15 or less is included with your plan. If a beverage is more than $15 you will pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference.

Thanks so much for the information! It is just what I needed. Especially the budget information.

We are (hopefully) headed to Alaska next May, so I would love having the hot cocktails (for lack of a better word). For me (personally) that would be the perfect "welcome back" drink after a cold excursion day, or create "glacier watching perfection".

Good to know that it is not totally inappropriate to order a coffee (or whatever) and a shot to "make my own mix".

I just cannot get as excited about margaritas or ice drinks when it is cool / cold outside. Maybe it's just me (and maybe I just don't drink enough of those cocktails, in general).

that "Toasted Almond" DOES sound like a nice "light dessert"... Never heard of it. Must google immediately.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, CardFanDubG said:

I have updated the attached NCL Beverage List to include the beverages listed on @BirdTravels New Bar menus thread. Thanks to @BirdTravelsfor providing these. Enjoy the many beverages on your next cruise or try them at home.

NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 1.02 MB · 1,361 downloads

Thanks for the post!  Are all of these included in the be drink package?  Lots of fun to be had!

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

April price

image.thumb.png.24517d6034eb09e2c66c01d68d499b96.png

Thanks for the quick reply!

WOW!  If they follow their recipe that is a really good price for so much booze.

LONG ISLAND ICED TEA (LIT) .75 OZ Gin .75 OZ White rum .75 OZ Silver tequila .75 OZ Vodka .75 OZ Triple sec .75 OZ Simple syrup .75 OZ Fresh lemon juice Cola to top

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 1:03 AM, Juvesgirl said:

This list is incredible!! Any chance it has been updated with new Prima bars/drinks? 😉 

Sorry I have not updated it with the NCL Prima. I have not had the opportunity to sail on the new ship, We did NCL Breakaway twice in the last 6 months,  Glad that you appreciated the list.

Edited by CardFanDubG

On 11/14/2021 at 11:16 AM, CardFanDubG said:

Preparing for the November 20 TA on the NCL Epic and saw a bar menu from the Spice H2O Bar. That menu had some drinks that I did not have on the list. That meant time to update before leaving. Here is a LINK to the new updated list. 

http://grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf  

Post #177, 178, 179 has some of the "sustainable" drinks from the Prima

On 12/12/2022 at 9:20 PM, CardFanDubG said:

Sorry I have not updated it with the NCL Prima. I have not had the opportunity to sail on the new ship, We did NCL Breakaway twice in the last 6 months,  Glad that you appreciated the list.

The list is a planners dream come true!! Printed out and ready for me to review on my flight to Florida to pre-select some hopeful favorites! Thanks for doing all the work to put it together!

On 12/12/2022 at 11:45 PM, BirdTravels said:

Post #177, 178, 179 has some of the "sustainable" drinks from the Prima

Thanks for the tip!!

• 8 months later...
On 11/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, CardFanDubG said:

Preparing for the November 20 TA on the NCL Epic and saw a bar menu from the Spice H2O Bar. That menu had some drinks that I did not have on the list. That meant time to update before leaving. Here is a LINK to the new updated list. 

http://grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf  

Is this list still available somewhere? We are list people and would love to take with us on our cruise on the Joy on Wednesday! The link above no longer works. 😞 Thank you.