NCL Beverage List Updated

CardFanDubG

Looking through these 31 pages of cocktails, I realized there were many that I have never tasted before. Since our next cruise begins in Italy, I have decided that I want to make sure to try an Aperol Spritz.

What Cocktail would you like to try for the first time. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lisa928 said:

There are a few bubble tea non-alcoholic drinks listed that call for Tapioca Boba.  Do some of the bars really have boba?

Actually, there are some ship-specific/region-specific drinks on the menu. Drinks like the bubble drinks were popular when the Joy was in China, but not so much for the American crowd. We actually searched for a bubble drink on our recent Encore cruise and were told by several bar tenders that none of the bars had tapioca bubbles, and made reference to the Joy. 

Note: This is experience from one ship on its first cruise after a 17 month shutdown. It never hurts to ask on your next cruise. You may finds some bubbles! 

We thank @CardFanDubG for the effort in putting together the list. We actually carried it around on the Encore and tried a lot of drinks that we would never order in our local bar (which is the purpose of having a drinks package on a ship). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So…

DH and I go through list

pick the ones we would like to try

consolidate the list

print it twice

make a pocket/purse sized double sided laminated flash card

then carry it with us always..so we don’t forget the stuff we wanted to try…

yes, I’m a nerd

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

I have identified a real challenge between the number of drinks I can realistically drink in a week versus those I’d like to try lol!    

I think between my wife and I on our last cruise (which was an 8 nighter), we managed 52 different cocktails between us which I thought was pretty good going!
If you try hard, I'm sure you can manage a respectable number!

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, CardFanDubG said:

Looking through these 31 pages of cocktails, I realized there were many that I have never tasted before. Since our next cruise begins in Italy, I have decided that I want to make sure to try an Aperol Spritz.

thanks for the list. We did refer to it repeatedly on the Breakaway last week!  That Aperol Spritz was really popular one day in the Haven indoor sun deck, I think once one person got the bright Orange drink everyone else asked what it was and tried them. We’re not champagne people so we didn’t try, but it looked fun!

Edited by psac
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, CardFanDubG said:

Much prefer the Aperol lSpritz as made on MSC ships, FWIW.

for my next voyage, a 15 day TA, I think I cam do a lot of damage to this list 😉 starting with a Ciao Venezia for sail away (although we’re not departing from Venice, I think Civitavecchia is close enough for purpose)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

Much prefer the Aperol lSpritz as made on MSC ships, FWIW.

for my next voyage, a 15 day TA, I think I cam do a lot of damage to this list 😉 starting with a Ciao Venezia for sail away (although we’re not departing from Venice, I think Civitavecchia is close enough for purpose)

We are on the NCL Epic TA, November 20, also. Counting the days. I'll join you for the sail away beverage. See you soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CardFanDubG said:

We are on the NCL Epic TA, November 20, also. Counting the days. I'll join you for the sail away beverage. See you soon. 

We should compare progress through the list over cocktails at the martini bar 🍸

• Like 2

So don’t want to rain on anyones parade, but some of these that my friend asked for onboard the Bliss, they would not/could not make. Sometimes when I showed them the list, they would give a blank stare and say I cannot make that, and then hand me the menu. Maybe one could explain it further on some of the more unknown drink names, but I didn’t feel like it. Also, for whatever reason, they were really weird about getting Baileys in coffee, they would only make me Whiskey in coffee, even tho I saw baileys in the bar lol. So just a fair warning to be sure to know how to have this sheet of paper on you when ordering and know it may be hassle 

• Thanks 1

1st timer NCL cruiser here: I have a (probably stupid) question:

We have the free at sea drinks package (not the plus). Are the "hot cocktails" (the coffee, tea and hot chocolate based ones) included in that package or do they cost extra? I am confused on that point.

The snowplow looks amazing (and perfect for a glacier day drink)... need to figure out the budget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KristinLM said:

1st timer NCL cruiser here: I have a (probably stupid) question:

We have the free at sea drinks package (not the plus). Are the "hot cocktails" (the coffee, tea and hot chocolate based ones) included in that package or do they cost extra? I am confused on that point.

The snowplow looks amazing (and perfect for a glacier day drink)... need to figure out the budget.

The eligibility of the "hot cocktails" vary from ship to ship. I have found them more available on the Alaskan cruises. Other times I have had to order coffee and a shot (Bailey's, Kahlua, or whatever) and create my own.

For budget purpose any beverage $15 or less is included with your plan. If a beverage is more than $15 you will pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, psac said:

thanks for the list. We did refer to it repeatedly on the Breakaway last week!  That Aperol Spritz was really popular one day in the Haven indoor sun deck, I think once one person got the bright Orange drink everyone else asked what it was and tried them. We’re not champagne people so we didn’t try, but it looked fun!

Funny story:  I last sailed with my newly legal niece and her gf for her college graduation cruise.  They were used to "college" drinks but not into the strong alcohol taste.  So I introduced them to Toasted Almonds (Kahlua, Amaretto, and cream.)  You don't taste any alcohol but after a few go down easy the room starts to spin.

Problem was, our bartender didn't know how to make it.  I explained but, over the course of the week, he took liberties:  The cream was soon 86'd in favor of soft ice cream mix and he inexplicably added creme de cacao.  Once, he accidentally added peach schnapps.  If I were partaking myself, my blood sugar would have been 1200 but they loved it. 

Over time, others saw what they were drinking and wanted the same.  I have no idea how the recipe has morphed since we left the ship but it's probably all sugar and alcohol by now. 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Haha 5