Royal Up bidding questions

3 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

I have the old link but it just "swirls"....won't even give me the "Check info and must be within 30 days" warning

You have the right link - instead of giving you that error, that stuck swirl might be the new norm when RU is not available (for a variety of reasons).

3 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

I had read somewhere that there is a "new" link that you can use if you did not get the email yet.  However, I can't find where I read that info.  

If anyone has the "new" link, please post it.  

(I have the old link but it just "swirls"....won't even give me the "Check info and must be within 30 days" warning.) 

TIA

I’m using the old link without difficulty.  I just checked it with a cruise with bids (my bids appeared after I entered name and res #) as well as one outside the bidding timeframe (got 30 day error etc, as expected).

Have you tried using a different device, a different browser, clearing cache, etc?

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m using the old link without difficulty.  I just checked it with a cruise with bids (my bids appeared after I entered name and res #) as well as one outside the bidding timeframe (got 30 day error etc, as expected).

Have you tried using a different device, a different browser, clearing cache, etc?

Not everyone is invited to Royal Up on every cruise. 2 out of our upcoming 3 cruises will not let is RU. The 3rd we were able to. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

I had read somewhere that there is a "new" link that you can use if you did not get the email yet.  However, I can't find where I read that info.  

If anyone has the "new" link, please post it.  

(I have the old link but it just "swirls"....won't even give me the "Check info and must be within 30 days" warning.) 

TIA

54 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Not everyone is invited to Royal Up on every cruise. 2 out of our upcoming 3 cruises will not let is RU. The 3rd we were able to. 

People who are not invited to bid they to bid report the standard error message.  As Skiiergirl says it just “swirls” for her, she is currently in a different situation.

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You have the right link - instead of giving you that error, that stuck swirl might be the new norm when RU is not available (for a variety of reasons).

Maybe.  Thanks for the reply. 

18 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Thanks for the reply!  Yep....have already tried all of those thoughts!  Tried computer with chrome and explorer.  Tried ipad and iphone with safari.  All do the same thing for me!  Ugg! 

Edited by skiiergirl

On 10/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Notaworryintheworld said:

Anyone know what the cut off is for placing a royal up offer before sailing? Would love to know my guarantee room assignment before deciding but it’s looking less and less likely. 

I did a Royal Up bid prior to my GTY room being assigned.  When it was assigned, I received an email that my Royal Up bid was cancelled due to a "reservation modification."  I can only assume that was because of my room assignment?  It took another two submissions before my bid was accepted and not "cancelled."  (Just my bid, I haven't heard whether I got it or not. . .).  Each time I resubmitted my bid, the minimum price went up. . .

Edited by zoepipes

55 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

I can only assume that was because of my room assignment? 

Yes, because Royal Up bids are cancelled any time the booking is modified, and a cabin assignment must look like a modification warranting cancellation.