Help! First Time on Celebrity

danny8826

17 hours ago, upwarduk said:

As you have a number of RCCL cruises under your belt, you should transfer to Elite on Celebrity. The Elite Happy Hour has some Premium drinks on the 5-7 Happy Hour menu.

6CFF35E9-BD83-4E12-BF22-40D936255831.thumb.jpeg.0b4d7222230eb98007d074db87c4b57f.jpeg

Thank you.  

I sign up for an account with me and see my status is transfer from Royal to Celebrity as Elite.

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

We had a long thread about this.  Some people said the ice cream at the buffet is better.

Get your gelato.  It's free.

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

We had a long thread about this.  Some people said the ice cream at the buffet is better.

Get your gelato.  It's free.

Thanks.  I can't wait. 

I also saw video of the buffet ice cream and they sure look good. 🙂

On 10/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, danny8826 said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity does a sail away party like other cruise lines do?

Is that when you miss the cruise and people wave to you from the back of the ship?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

I don't know.  You tell me because I haven't miss a cruise or any ports of call yet.

Sorry Danny it was just a joke.  If you don't get an answer here, maybe post a new question about sail away.

40 minutes ago, Mulege said:

If you are going through Glacier Alley make sure your cabin will be on the correct side to view glaciers from your balcony if you have one. Looks like based on your itinerary southbound that will be port side. 

As far as I know, the below itinerary didn't mention anything about Glacier Alley.  I was hoping for Chilean fjords as well, but didn't look like that would be on the itinerary.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/12-night-argentina-and-patagonia-holiday-from-buenos-aires-argentina?packageID=IN12F016&sDT=2022-12-21&cCD=CO

9 hours ago, danny8826 said:

As far as I know, the below itinerary didn't mention anything about Glacier Alley.  I was hoping for Chilean fjords as well, but didn't look like that would be on the itinerary.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/12-night-argentina-and-patagonia-holiday-from-buenos-aires-argentina?packageID=IN12F016&sDT=2022-12-21&cCD=CO

Have you booked this, or are you just thinking about it?

On 10/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, danny8826 said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity does a sail away party like other cruise lines do?

I believe they do a sail away party for Concierge class cabins and above. DW & I have been to a couple of them. CC members in the past have arranged our own informal sail away party at the Sunset bar. Personally, I've found the CC member one more fun, since the people are more open to socializing. While it's nice to meet some of the officers at the formal one, the ones we've been to has been people keeping to themselves waiting for their turn to meet the officers.

Edited by cdn_tbird

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Have you booked this, or are you just thinking about it?

Yes, I have booked it. I booked it 3 days ago.  Got a tons of onboard credits.

I was watching some YouTube video of the Celebrity Eclipse when it it did the same route.  The person who was filming it shown that when they were at the Strait of Magellan, they did pass by Glacier Alley.  I don't know if my itinerary will do that.

3 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

I believe they do a sail away party for Concierge class cabins and above. DW & I have been to a couple of them. CC members in the past have arranged our own informal sail away party at the Sunset bar. Personally, I've found the CC member one more fun, since the people are more open to socializing. While it's nice to meet some of the officers at the formal one, the ones we've been to has been people keeping to themselves waiting for their turn to meet the officers.

3 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Thank you.  I will see if my CC roll call will want to do a get together for sail away.