MSC - Explora Pricing

Stockjock

On 2/12/2022 at 12:59 AM, Bellalicious said:

we were on a German speaking tour

I don't know. But if we were on any foreign speaking tour bus not understanding that language of the tour guide, someone made a mistake. Your post is very important. We will be sure before ever boarding another tour to speak to our tour guide before boarding and collecting our ticket if the tour would be in our language.

Now if it was an attempt to extort an additional 5 euro or $5 baksheesh, then we would gladly tip him for the 'additional' service. Tipping the driver is also a good practice in the beginning of a tour to ensure a safe drive. Suggest to him he get a coffee. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:08 PM, Hlitner said:

I told her I thought that MSC was making a huge mistake by not actively marketing to their Yacht Club passengers and she agreed. 

I guess MSC took your advice. This photo filled book was placed in our cabin. I asked our butler if we could take it home as a souvenir. Of course, please do.

IMG_2693.jpeg

• Like 2

We are interested in doing the Extended Historic American Cities & Quebecois Culture 18 nights / 19 Days New York City to New York City cruise. At the moment there is only one sailing and that's in September 2023. Does anyone know when they will be releasing their second half of the year cruises?

20 hours ago, Bellalicious said:

We are interested in doing the Extended Historic American Cities & Quebecois Culture 18 nights / 19 Days New York City to New York City cruise. At the moment there is only one sailing and that's in September 2023. Does anyone know when they will be releasing their second half of the year cruises?

I have booked a cruise for early 2024. The itineraries have been released at least until Explora first ship sails to the West Coast.

Ivi

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My B2B cruises booked with Explora had a wonderful itinerary leaving from Brazil and arriving in Miami. I had booked that cruise using the offer from Explora of two categories upgrade and US 500 at that time due to my Diamond Membership with MSC. Unfortunately Explora cancelled my cruises.

Besides giving me a Future credit discount, Explora has offered to recognize those benefits if I book another cruise instead of asking for my money to be refunded. It is becoming a struggle though. Explora was doing quite well in the booking process and everything was so easy. But in the case of my cancelled cruise, the process reminds me a lot of MSC…and the benefit of the future credit discount is low due to the price increases that the cruises with Explora have  had since I have booked my original cruises.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

38 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Find another cruise of similar length regardless of the price and I’m sure they will book it for you . They did for us 

The price is important to me but I have found a cruise which I am willing to book. I guess it will work also for me. It is just taking some time.

Ivi

I am happy to report that I have now my cruise booked with Explora in replacement to my cancelled cruise from Brazil. I will have to wait until the middle of next year to experience the wonderful Explora 1 but time flies doesn’t it?

Ivi

• Like 3