Clarification of "COMMENCING TRAVEL" please.

B&J1

Has anyone been successful at having Oceania clarify their meaning of "commencing travel" in the following statement?

BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
..... "Oceania Cruises strongly recommends all guests undergo a COVID-19 PCR test not more than 72 hours prior to commencing travel or a COVID-19 antigen test not more than 48 hours prior to commencing 
travel."

*** Does "commencing travel" mean 72/48 hrs. before we leave home, or before we board the ship???

Thx much!

Brian

Okay, I spoke with the Oceania rep that I originally booked the cruise with prior to transferring to my TA. She said that commencing travel means when you leave your home to travel to the ship ("getting on the plane" ... her words not mine). She put me on hold and spoke with upper management and they agreed with that statement. However, when I asked her if I could get that in writing in an email, she said she could not do that. She also asked the upper management about sending me an email but they said no, the verbiage is as written .... there are no other written statements.

Hopefully, this will be a moot point as well all test covid negative at the ship. 😊

Hope this helps!  😂

Brian

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

This is VERY helpful!

On page 1 I can see the words “Oceania cruises strongly recommends you obtain a PCR test prior to embarkation”

So sorry. Shouldn’t post when I’m so tired. My quote should have included “not more than 72 hours prior to embarkation.”

4 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Flying from USA (Pacific time 7:30am) on 11/6/21, arriving in Italy 11/07/21 around noon Italy time, boarding Marina on 11/09/21.  When does the 72 hours start?  

From everything I read and to be safe, it ends when you board.  So calculate the time difference and back up 72 hours.

We expect to board around 3PM on the 9th.  For us then, the 72 hours start at 9AM eastern on the 6th...about 12 hours before we take off.  

36 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

I should have been more clear in my question- Embarkation is when I embark on my flight? or board the ship?  Oceania states this on the website;

BEFORE YOU TRAVEL

Please ensure that prior to commencing travel, you have all of the travel documents and pre-travel testing that are required. While most countries have waived testing requirements for vaccinated travelers, Oceania Cruises strongly recommends all guests undergo a COVID-19 PCR test not more than 72 hours prior to embarkation or a laboratory-administered COVID-19 antigen test not more than 72 hours prior to embarkation.

Embarkation is boarding your cruise ship......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, basor said:

To cover all of our bases, since we are arriving 4 days prior to our cruise, we are taking 2 COVID test (one as a backup) less than 72 hours prior to arrival in Italy and then doing another test 48 hours prior to boarding the cruise (using a proctored PCR test in our hotel room).  We will arrive at the embarkation with a wad full of negative COVID test!

Thank you for your kind response and information about the tests that you will take prior to boarding.  We will take multiple tests,  too.

• Like 1