Royal, NCL, MSC - late night scene?

Virga

So I've been tasked with setting up a party cruise for a reunion of old friends in January.  We all bartended together in the same dirty old town a lifetime ago - most of us have gotten good at pretending we're responsible since then, but all bets are off when you get us together.

I've been informed that the 15 drink limit on Carnival/Princess will not cut it, so that leaves Royal, Norwegian, and MSC.  I haven't been on Royal in well over a decade, I've only been on the open bar NCL ships, and I've never sailed with MSC.

We are pub people, not club people - we laugh loudly and often but we aren't rambunctious.  Several are still smokers - are there even any smoking bars left?  It seemed like they were disappearing even before covid.  Bars in close proximity to outdoor smoking areas would be fine too, of course.  

Late night beverages are the highest priority.  Decent food and price are our second tier priorities, with ports and 'wow factor' of the ship coming in third.  I'd like to score a win with these folks, we'd love to really sell them on cruising.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!  

I haven’t sailed ncl in decades, but really like rccl and MSc. Entertainment is great on rccl and I believe all there ships have a nice pub , on our MSc cruise we were allowed doubles you normally will see lots of Europeans on MSc, i would pick rccl except if MSc yacht club is in your budget, yacht club is fantastic and it included drink package, we upgraded drink package for 17 a day and then was allowed to order anything that they served by the glass like 20 year plus scotch and XO cognac.