Don't order Abbott test far ahead!!!

Tatka

20 hours ago, coaster said:

Feel sorry for those cruisers who don't follow Cruise Critic. It has been so useful with all the 'hoops' that are required now. I would be so lost without the helpful information many share here.

Agreed!!!

We got a set of 6 tests, and ours expire Jan 5 (actually Oct 5 but extended to Jan 5.)  We did order a bit too far ahead, but we got lucky since we officially need 2 tests for our cruise on Jan 3!!  Talk about cutting it close....:classic_ohmy:

I've already used one of the tests!  I had a low grade fever and runny nose for about 36 hours last week that made me feel lousy, so I tried a test and learned I was negative.  Turned out what I thought was seasonal allergy was a sinus infection, which is now treated and resolved, but it sure was nice to be able to eliminate Covid by doing the home test before I saw my doctor.  I'm also glad I tried one and know what to expect when we need to do our official ones pre-cruise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

We got a set of 6 tests, and ours expire Jan 5 (actually Oct 5 but extended to Jan 5.)  We did order a bit too far ahead, but we got lucky since we officially need 2 tests for our cruise on Jan 3!!  Talk about cutting it close....:classic_ohmy:

I've already used one of the tests!  I had a low grade fever and runny nose for about 36 hours last week that made me feel lousy, so I tried a test and learned I was negative.  Turned out what I thought was seasonal allergy was a sinus infection, which is now treated and resolved, but it sure was nice to be able to eliminate Covid by doing the home test before I saw my doctor.  I'm also glad I tried one and know what to expect when we need to do our official ones pre-cruise.

Tests requested in September had Oct 5 as a date, so would work for us just fine now! Because of this date we thought that new tests will have at least this date. Oh well.

By the way when we tested in September I also did not feel well. I had was worried it was Covid19 even though we work 100% from home and when we get out it is mostly ocean beach. Anxiety...

38 minutes ago, Tatka said:

By the way when we tested in September I also did not feel well. I had was worried it was Covid19 even though we work 100% from home and when we get out it is mostly ocean beach. Anxiety...

Yeah...anxiety...that's why I don't mind having extra tests.  We really limit and control our potential exposure, however...sigh...we live in a state with a high IPSF factor (that's Idiots Per Square Foot...:classic_wink:) so it's nice to have the ability to test on a moment's notice.  Doing the proctored test at home reduces the hassle factor of making an appointment and going somewhere to be tested, at least it does for me!  

• Like 1